• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smores--what type of stick do you use?

I grew up with the coat hangers too, and I'm still standing.
Now I aint say'n it's good for you, but I don't think it'll kill you either,
:rotfl2:just don't eat the hanger.

I'm not at all one of those neat freaks not by a very very long shot, but I hope you at least burn and scrape off the paint.

I worried that the coat hanger will throw off the taste of the smores.

what ever happened to finding a stick in the woods? that is how my family has always done it. you find a nice long stick on the ground, whittle off the bark on the tip, and roast away. when done, just toss into the fire. no clean up at all.

what ever happened to finding a stick in the woods? that is how my family has always done it. you find a nice long stick on the ground, whittle off the bark on the tip, and roast away. when done, just toss into the fire. no clean up at all.

Well there ya go ! Making things simple ! Now wha'ya wanna go an do that for !?!?!?!

juss kidd'n, we usta do that a lot too.:thumbsup2

These are always entertaining.
L11343423.jpg

Freakin' Hilarious!:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2So i can take this to mean that Disney doesn't care if you bring your own marshmellow sticks to the fire. We use long medal ones we've been using for years but i wasn't sure we'd be allowed to bring our own. Also a great trick for cold nights and you don't want to stand out there and roast the marshmellows.

On your coleman griddle - take a large tortilla - sprinke mini chocolate chips, mini marshmellows and crumble a little gram cracker in it and wrap like a buritto. Then put it on the griddle and flip till it's all melted. Mess free smores and my son loves them!!! We even make them at home for a special dessert treat. :thumbsup2

http://www.target.com/CS-62-SMore-P...&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:smores&page=1

These are kind of cool if you want to assemble them before roasting. We've never done that...but might work for the person who wraps hers in foil packets :) You could wrap them and slide them in here and then just flip.

We use coat hangers....but we do need to buy some smores forks, we make a lot of them in the spring and summer. When I was a kid, we used to put marshmallows in the oven on broil and make some too...just gotta watch them closely since it's a fire hazard LOL

:thumbsup2So i can take this to mean that Disney doesn't care if you bring your own marshmellow sticks to the fire. We use long medal ones we've been using for years but i wasn't sure we'd be allowed to bring our own. Also a great trick for cold nights and you don't want to stand out there and roast the marshmellows.

Lotta folk bring their own food/stuff.
We go to the campfire a lot and have never bought any of Disneys,oh so proud, stuff. My wife brings the mallows, I bring hotdogs and our own sticks, we eat them straight of the sticks.
And I bring my own beer too.

Oh , I stole your Mess Free S'mores recipe and put it on the Dutch Oven over at RvUSA.org
Great recipe, gonna havta try it, :thumbsup2

I made the mistake of using a pine branch once to roast marshmallows; darned things tasted like turpentine.

Best type to use are fresh maple saplings! MMMM-good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter