• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smores--what type of stick do you use?

Fiveisaparty

Mouseketeer
I know this is kind of a silly question, but when we were at the Fort last year for the first time, it was so cold we only stayed at the campfire for about 10 minutes. I remember they had smores kits for sale, but I don't remember how much they were. Does anyone know? Also, if you brought your own what kind of stick did you bring? I have somee skewers for the grill, but I am afraid they will be too short. We are arriving on Saturday and I hope to take the kids there that night. Thanks for your help!

I think I answered my own question. It looks like it is two dollars for Marshmallows and sticks.

This is from allears..... S'mores Kit $9.50
Marshmallow Roasting Stick $0.75

We use the long forks with the wooden handle from the camping section of Wal-Mart.

I have some cool stainless steel ones I found somewhere (Dick's Sporting Goods?) that were made like retractable radio antenna's. About 8 inches long, when pulled out about 30!:thumbsup2 They also have a swivel in the handle, you turn the ring at the top of the handle and they rotate!:rotfl2:
I thought they were 'fancy' and I still get a kick out of pulling them out.

Regarding the sticks sold at the campfire, they are pretty long. Most of the kids I saw had them were using them for sword fights (you'll put an eye out!) and poking them in the ground, probably before sticking marshmallows on them.:sick: Oh well, to be young again and not have a care.:yay:

I have that one!:thumbsup2 I love it! I bought it at the Coleman outlet in Pigeon Forge. DH calls it my roast-o-matic. The rest of the family has the standard ones from Wal-Mart. But I loooove roasted marshmallows, so I get a special one!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tips! I just went to Wal Mart today. Totally didn't think about the camping section. We don't hDicks here (TX) Guess I may be going back to the evil empire tomorrow :cool1:

I have that one!:thumbsup2 I love it! I bought it at the Coleman outlet in Pigeon Forge. DH calls it my roast-o-matic. The rest of the family has the standard ones from Wal-Mart. But I loooove roasted marshmallows, so I get a special one!:goodvibes

I do remember these were Coleman brand, they probably are available anywhere Coleman products are sold, like WalMart.

I bought several of the stainless ones that look like forks
from Wal Mart. I think I paid about @2 each, maybe less.
They can be reused and are easy to clean. Oh, I found them in the camping section at Wal Mart.

Have fun and tell Mickey and The Gang hello from us.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly:)

No stick at all!!!

I pre-make my s'mores at the campsite and wrap in foil. We tried a few recipes and our favorite is marshmallow fluff with real chocolate bar. You can also try real marshmallows and chocolate frosting or any combo thereof.
This allows me to wash up after prep, then go to the fire. We also have the foil plate to eat off of. Ok. I do take two sticks to flip my packets while heating. I had a lot of people asking "exactly what is it you're cooking in those little packets?":rotfl:

Question :

How many of you like your mallows burnt
(set fire to them, my favorite)
and how many just like them slightly roasted ?

This is from allears..... S'mores Kit $9.50
Marshmallow Roasting Stick $0.75
I was there two weeks ago and the sticks were $0.42 with tax and the smores kits were $8.00 plus tax.

We brought in our own graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate, as we thought we would go several times since we were staying there. (we didn't, but only because it was so cold)

The marshmallows must be toasted to a nice medium brown, evenly all the way around! (obssessive, I know) The best way to achieve this is over coals, not flames. This is difficult at the Fort where I have to dodge so many sticks, often with flaming marshmallows on the end!:scared1:

No stick at all!!!

I pre-make my s'mores at the campsite and wrap in foil. ......

Pre-made....marshmallow fluff, why don't you just microwave them.:goodvibes:rotfl:

Every child needs to burn a few marshmallows in their life.:goodvibes

These are always entertaining.
L11343423.jpg

I guess I'm either cheap or old fashioned, but I just use a coat hanger that I straightened out. It's what we used as kids... still works and it's cheap.

here now... hoping the thunderstorm holds off for your roasting bonanza tonight!!!! We might be there to see one of the movies depending on the weather.... ENJOY!!!

I guess I'm either cheap or old fashioned, but I just use a coat hanger that I straightened out. It's what we used as kids... still works and it's cheap.

Problem is you never know whats in the metal or worse whats in the coatings. :scared1:

Since the hanger is not made to be a utensil, no one cares what its made from.

Problem is you never know whats in the metal or worse whats in the coatings. :scared1:

Yeah, but I just figure for all of the what, maybe four marshmallows I roast per year, my risk is pretty low.

I grew up with the coat hangers too, and I'm still standing.
Now I aint say'n it's good for you, but I don't think it'll kill you either,
:rotfl2:just don't eat the hanger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter