Smoking concerns

Coming at this from a different perspective. I'm a smoker. I'm respectful, and I only ever smoke in designated areas. I also happen to be HIGHLY sensitive to most perfumes and colognes. My eyes water, my throat closes up, I cough, I become absolutely miserable. Close contact is the worst, with my symptoms becoming less and less severe with more distance, particularly outside. But that's MY problem. I'm not trying to get perfume banned on cruise ships. I'm not freaking out on people if I catch a whiff. If the person on the verandah next to mine wears heavy perfume and chooses to sit outside a lot, I simply don't use my verandah. It's not incumbent on THEM to make life more comfortable for ME.

So why cigarette smoke? Why are smokers so heavily vilified, to the point of having security called? Why are people's delicate noses to so horribly offended by a touch of smoke being carried on the wind outside? Again, I'm not talking about up close and personal (although bringing it back around to my perfume example, if someone with heavy perfume is up in my space, I leave. I don't try to send them away). But why are smokers the only people that it's still okay to bully and shame and try to get to stop existing? I really don't get it.
I'm curious. Do you smoke on your verandah or in other places prohibited by DCL?

As I said in the post you quoted, " I'm respectful, and I only ever smoke in designated areas."

Sorry I missed that.

Edit: I posted a detailed response, but decided to delete it. It really isn't important enough for me to debate or have a second thought about. I hope you have great sailings ahead and thank you for smoking in the designated area. I think few to none of us have any issue with that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter