Smokers at the resorts

Patrick Moore

Give me more guitars
I know this can be a touchy subject because a lot of people feel very strongly about it but I cannot find an answer about this any place.

We have reservations for late July and usually when we go there, I like to relax late in the evening and have a cigar wherever I can find a smoking area away from people.

Will this be allowed at all with the restrictions regarding face masks?

EDITED:
Admins remove if needed. I found the section on smoking but still don't see answer to my specific question.

Last edited:
Fellow cigar smoker here. Relaxing outside at the resort with a cigar in the evening is a great pleasure for me, too. The little Gazebo on the water at POFQ is a highlight of my trips.

I have not seen any specific smoking restrictions mentioned at the resorts, yet.

Fellow cigar smoker here. Relaxing outside at the resort with a cigar in the evening is a great pleasure for me, too. The little Gazebo on the water at POFQ is a highlight of my trips.

I have not seen any specific smoking restrictions mentioned at the resorts, yet.

Any suggestions for Boardwalk and AK Villas? We will be doing a split stay in July. I don't want to break any of the rules they have in place.

Too rich for my blood...

It's pretty easy to not break the rules. All resorts have smoking areas. I kinda doubt Boardwalk has one on the water but that would be a sweet spot, wouldn't it?

Usually to rich for our blood too but we saved up for a special trip for our 30th.

I think if you check the maps for the resorts, then they may have them indicated. I know I have saw it when I stayed at BW last year. I stayed at AKL Jambo in 2017, but I do not remember seeing it on that one. For AKL, it probably is going to be on the non safari sides, but that is a guess.

You might be able to check for the maps at the link here:
Maps - wdwinfo

It's not the well defined smoking areas I am concerned with. It is any potential new rules regarding masks in common areas. Will they allow smoking in any area at all?

I don't see why they wouldn't allow smoking in the designated areas. But for a definite answer, we'll have to await info either from WDW or some of the first guests back.

But is that a Designated Smoking Area? if it is, great. If not, please locate and use the POFQ DSA(s), instead.
Any suggestions for Boardwalk and AK Villas? We will be doing a split stay in July. I don't want to break any of the rules they have in place.
use
Look at maps of the resorts - https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/index.htm, or each resort's dedicated thread, or the links in the pinned Smoking thread, or Google/search. Depending on the size and quality of the map, the DSA symbol might be hard to find. You can always ask at the resorts. Each has at least one.

As for masking, if you can mask and socially distance, that's the most common advice. Since you can't smoke with a mask on, stay socially distant. Not any property you mentioned, but Pop Century, Art of Animation, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs each have a number of DSAs.

I would agree with previous poster, as long as you can social distance in the resort smoking area, it should be fine. I would think they have to make it a available. Worst case scenario, the smoking area is too full to social distance everyone, and there is a small queue to get a spot away from someone else and still be in the smoking area ( although I highly doubt that is likely!) Have a great trip!

Thank you all for the advice. I will also be taking a visit to Sosa Cigars if they are open. 46 days till we get there and I'm looking forward to my first real vacation in a long time.

Well, duh. Of course you're visiting Sosa!! :D

Not a cigar smoker, but I'm relatively certain they have a smoking area - maybe even indoors!

Three, actually. One near Jellyroll's, two near ESPN Club (so, opposite ends, but there :)).
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

This ^^ and these overlook Crescent Lake. Nice spots. There is also one at the front entrance to the left as you exit, one near the Luna Pool tucked back near an exit/entry stairwell, another at the quiet pool on the Inn side and another still at the Community pool. But for a cigar, the Boardwalk locations are best since there is activity.

But is that a Designated Smoking Area? if it is, great. If not, please locate and use the POFQ DSA(s),
Of course it is. I would never smoke in an undesignated area nor suggest anyone else smoke in an undesignated area.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-french.htm
But for a cigar, the Boardwalk locations are best since there is activity.
Those look like great spots to smoke a cigar and people watch. I might head over there during my Sept. trip.

Last edited:
Until this spring we would sit by small pools at OKW. Now you can but outside of the pool areas. Hoping that this has not changed if we do visit in Oct/Nov this fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter