Smile

hockeymomNS

Has an in with immigration
Perhaps this comes from dealing with the winter from hell, perhaps from living with two sick men twice since January or maybe it is just the "good ole Canadian girl" coming out in me. I'd like to get a positive, bring a smile to your face thread going.
What are some of your favourite moments on the podcast? What are some of you favourite podcasts, either most informative or relatable? When do you listen to the podcast - live, audio/video? Are you the only Disney freak in your family?
Also, feel free to toss a bouquet to a podcaster that maybe you have met, either in the park or at an event. Possibly they just bring a smile to your face each week. In keeping with the intended theme, please no criticisms of any kind. Imo if you are unhappy with any aspect of the show, message Pete as these are real people with real feelings who read what is written about them.

It has been a tough winter.... we has some chilly days down here too. Your's was far worse and still is.....

My favorite moments on the podcast? Any show that John is funny.... he has had a few, Ok, He is always funny! Any show where Pete starts talking about Disney and starts throwing out info.... how does he remember all of those facts.... Who held what office and what they did......... Most recently, when he talked about turning the exec's out to pasture..... I love it!! I think Kevin and I connect in a weird retro way.......Corey makes me laugh, but don't let him near your phone.. he takes silly photos of himself and everytime my phone rings, his face pops up!! Julie is sweet and caring, But strong. Kathy is my go to gal for info and amazes me daily with her love of Disney, NASA and a true blue friend. JL is like a freaky sister, she is the total opposite of me on the show, she is Stepford, I am Mayberry.... And then we have the "Boys" This is how I refer to Dustin, Craig and now Ryno. You will not find a more caring, sweet, respectful guy than Dustin, not to mention talented and funny. Ryno, is new, but I liked him from the start. And then we Have Craig.... dry as toast, Grumpy cat... whatever you want to call him... but I know the truth......Did I miss anyone?

My love of Disney grows daily, but I would say that my son Max is way more into than I am. I love the History and backstories of it all!

I love your insight. Your comment about Dustin is bang on. I have told him more than once that his momma raised him right.

I enjoy everyone on the show for different reasons. There are shows I replay over and over. Kathy and Teresa's wonderful 101 series. Kevin's concise reviews. Some of Pete's rants. Dustin's animal kingdom and different programs. Craig, Ryno and JL. I like them all. They have kept some very dark days bright for me and I can't thank them enough

I love love love the podcasts. Both the Disneyland and Disney World! I used to listen to them during my walks in the evening and rarely watched the videos. My daughter is older (20) now and since our last trip she has gotten more into the history and planning of it all so she listens now. She really likes the video version so we tend to watch it in the evening(sometiems during dinner) after they hit You Tube. I really enjoy the News episodes and have really enjoyed all the extra weekly episodes that Dustin hosts. There has been some great information in there for us, as we are planning our first DW trip after several DL trips.

It always takes me a little bit to warm up when newer folks come on, but then I grow to enjoy them too. John and Kevin CRACK ME UP and I would love for them to adopt me. :) Dustin and Craig add so much to the podcasts (and I think my daughter has a wee bit of a crush on Dustin). Kathy and Teresa have a great perspective and I enjoy hearing their views. I appreciate the authority Jennilyn brings to the table. She knows what's what! Corey and Julie represent are the cool parents of the crew and its refreshing to hear them speak so respectfully and lovingly about their young family. And Pete is the entertaining glue that holds them all togehter.

So this was long. But I just want to say thank you for all that y'all do! It is appreciated. :sunny:

Stepford.jpg

I love you, Teresa!!! Smooches!!! Hahaha!

Kathy is always keeping it real. I feel I identify with her more in some ways than others. She has taken such a big leap to pick up her life and family from the north and plop down into Orlando. She is braver than I. I also love when she includes NASA stuff.

I love Kevin talking about his memories of his childhood trips

T is so gracious in person...you would never know it (jk)

One "in person" thing that sticks out was Julie approaching my then 6 y.o. DD at the NE Dis Meet in 2013 and chatting with her about her doll (I think I know who donated that to the raffle...)

I have two favorite moments from recent shows. One was from Unplugged when Teresa was talking about "bringing out the good silver" when she travels. Good thinking especially when sporks are the only option. My other favorite moment was from The Trip when JL gave the Harry Potter house test. I immediately took it right after and found my house...Ravenclaw!

My love of Disney grows daily, but I would say that my son Max is way more into than I am. I love the History and backstories of it all!
Teresa, has Max got any intention of working for Disney if he's such a huge fan?
I'm new to the podcast (not quite 12 months in) but I have listed to a lot of the 2013 and some 2012 as well as random older eps, eg, Ben's show) and Max the Intern hasn't been on in quite a while and I wonder what he's up to? (if you care to share of course)

Great idea Evelyn!

• I enjoy a good Pete Rant (note the capital letters),
  • I enjoy some of John's sneakily offhand jokes (it seems his sense of humor is similar to mine),
  • Kevin's restaurant Reviews (especially the bad ones),
  • Kathy's love of Figment (wish the original was still around) and,
  • T's innocent questions that seem to get a rise out of Pete.
  • I miss the little gurgling sounds in the background when Corey or Julie had one of their children in the studio during taping (such a happy sound).
  • Love Craig's dead-pan delivery of what are often jokes (wish that more people got the jokes though)
  • Dustin's video's are spectacular.

I think so far my favorite podcast is Pete's rant about Downtown Disney's parking lot. I laughed so hard. I believe that was my first time watching the podcast on youtube. As soon as I heard that I knew I would be a fan.

One of my favourites is from the show taped at the 2014 NE show. John is telling a story about his Disney lunch box and of a story he wrote when he was small. Teresa says "you are making that crap up" and then "I might like you a little". John replies "you hate me less now?"

I love when Pete gets giddy and laughs uncontrollably.

I love the podcast crew! I have only been watching for a few months but I can't get enough of them! They are all so funny and interesting in their own ways! I often already know the information they discuss but I just like to hear their opinions on them! Brightens my work shift! Thanks guys!!

For some reason, when I heard the words Fudgy Pickle ...I knew my life would never be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter