Smile and The World Smiles With You PTR

xPrincessSmilesx

Mouseketeer
Okay Hi everyone - after silently stalking everybody elses trip and pre-trippies I thought I'd make my own! Plus it gets me aware from that dastardly pile of coursework and revision.

TBH It's probably at bit of a boring read at the moment since we havn't got any details finalised but hey ho I can try :laughing: Oh and I'm a bit of a rambler as I'm sure you'll be able to tell so just point me back on track when you see me going off on a tangent.

So the reason for the title is because thats my motto in life, it's even lasered onto the back of my ipod (seriously) and hopefully will be how we live this trip.

By 'we' at the moment it stands at just the two of us

Me Princess Emma: princess: 17 years old. Been to Orlando/Disneyworld/Universal etc, once before 6 years back when I was 11.* See footnotes for more info - :lmao: sounds like I'm writing a novel. And have always adored theme parks of all kind, I'm a bit of a thrill seeker but also a sucker for a magical ride with amazing theming.
Anyway DLP is the destination of this trippie and is somewhere I've never been actually, but man I wanted to go so bad when I was a kid I used to look mournfully at those adverts...but to no avail. Now I'm old enough to pay my own way and get there :woohoo: I'm telling you I'll walk through the gates and turn into a 6 year old again

Princess Lucy:princess: 17 like me is, my trusted companion and steed. Has never been to Disneyworld/land but like me loves her theme parks and is a Disney freak. I reckon she'll be blown away when we get there.

Moving on I should get onto how this holiday came to be. Well to celebrate exams a group of us at school wanted to do something special, much discussion and throwing around of ideas was had and up came DLP. Nothing much was said, till I mentioned a few months later the idea to Lucy. We utilised the computers in our frees at sixth form (honestly we were using our study time effectively....us girls need to de-stress at times) and found the prices wern't astronomically high and well within our reach - I work and my friend has a stash of money somewhere all legit honest it was inherited!

We mentioned the idea to people but by this time we'd already decided we'd rather keep it with just us two and maybe a couple more. I could not handle organising more people. But it soon ended up with everybody wanting to be 'invited' and I'm dubious whether all those who said 'yes' really do mean a 'yes,yes' or a 'yes, sounds fun I really wanna go nevermind the fact I can't afford it' kind of yes - are you with me :laughing:
So we're just going to tell them the dates we'll be there and if they want to come they can sort it out themselves, although our cast might grow if some of my other close friends join (one is leaving for DLP in a few days but shes concerned about the money, and not really wanting to go 7 months after shes already been, crazy I know!)

So onto the main details

Dates are June 30th-July 3rd
Earliest we could get after exams ended, plus we're at Glastonbury 24th-29th. The plan is to leave Glastonbury Monday morning, or possibly Sunday evening.
Get back home sort our things out, ideally we'd want to catch the train to London Monday night, and stay in YHA in Pancreas overnight but if we're leaving Glastonbury Monday we really don't have the time especially considering we're going to need a super power shower to get us squeaky clean for Disney and not killing every living thing within a 10m radius with our 'festival smell'.

Hotel wise, I think we'd both quite like to stay onsite, although we have been tempted by some of the offsite ones.
At the moment Hotel Cheyenne is top runner, but is fighting off stiff competition from offsite Dream Castle
Any advice on where we should stay is greatly recieved :)

While we're there we probably wont do many proper sit down meals, maybe the odd one or two. I've promised myself Rainforest cafe - however on the whole we can largely survive on quick snack meals and the like, and at the we're girls on a budget so it's going to depend on how much we end up taking in spending money.

I think thats about it for now, we've not got anything booked at all, and I think we won't until after Christmas as I still ave glastonbury to pay off, plus I do ALOT of extra hours over Christmas so will be able to afford it. But I'm glad Summer price are now up, so I can get definite figures.

So to conclude, we're both really super excited about this trip. It's going to be a big final bonding trip :hug: as come September will be waving goodbye as we depart for different uni courses (whether I even get a place on my uni course is a different matter...but anyway I digress)
Just cant wait until we finally book it and it all becomes definite

*Greatest most amazing holiday of my life. Sadly in a family of 6 trips like this don't come around often, and we havnt been back (or anywhere on holiday excusing centre parcs since then) 3 of us kids, a house to pay and the arrival of kid 4 put a stop to that. But we are going back in 5 months time we're finally making it and I can't wait! Would attempt a PTR on that trip but I really don't know much about it due to my parents being in charge of it, all I know is the date we fly and that we're staying in a villa :rotfl:

It all came about when the iea of a proper holiday started being bandied about last Easter we all put forward our ideas, and florida seemed to be everybodies! We didn't really want to go in Summer and Christmas was out of the question as it's my chance to work a lot of hours which I didn't want to miss so Easter was booked - 26th March - 13th April. I'm a bit concerned that I will be missing 7 days of school so close to exam time, but the school have told me they will grant me the holiday I just have to make sure I get all my work. So I'll have that + revision with me while I'm there. It might ruin the holiday spirit a bit, but has to be done otherwise I'll be crying come results day!

Sounds like a fun trip is planned. I wish my son (also in Year 13) was so organised that he could plan a trip for himself and work to pay for it! Good for you. :thumbsup2

sounds great! btw - if you get a chance you could get the train from DLRP to Val d'Europe and there's a great shopping centre in there with a big supermarket in it. you could buy loads of food from there and take it to the parks.. we sometimes take baguettes into the parks and sit on the tables and chairs overlooking Dumbo in Fantasyland.

:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip Princess Elli sounds great!

We were also considering the hotel near the Val D'Europe the name escapes me, so thats another reason to stay at that one.

I know - it's been so long since I've been then I'm going to have two within a few months, it's like what they say about buses.....:laughing:

Anyway should get me tough my exam period thats sandwiched between the two trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter