smell on spaceship earth

nee

Mouseketeer
I just love the smell of burning Rome, I thought maybe they cook the turkey legs nearby and let the smell through to that part of the ride, does anyone know ?

You know how hard WDW tries for authenticity! Was Nero playing a fiddle while Rome burned, or was he chomping on a turkey leg? I'll have to drag out my history book!!!!!!!!!

I like the burning Rome smell too. Turkey legs...hmmmm. Cute.

Remember the orange smell in Horizons?

Or the sulfur-like smell in the Universe of Energy?

Or the fishy smell at Living Seas....just kidding.

In fact, this is really crazy. I like that musty air conditioner smell in the Disney attractions. It's so familiar and comforting to me. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Anywhere else it would be totally gross, but at Disney...I like the mold spores. And I look forward to smelling it again in exactly 13 days!

Wilderness Lodge here I come. Wonder if there will be a bear smell there?

PamNC

My friend loves that smell!!!! I just sent her that link of yours and she's gonna love it!!!

Thanks!!!!! You gotta love these boards :) Always something wonderful to learn

That smoke smell always reminds me of my Grandma's house. She had a little incense burner that was shaped like a log cabin. The incense for it smelled just like that "burning Rome" smell.

HAHAHA! This is the funniest post I have ever read!!! Who would think that all you had to say is "burning rome" and we all know exactly what your saying..lol sad but true..lol.

It is called a "smellitzer" and was developed by W.E.D. for Epcot. It was also used in Horizons (R.I.P.) when you passed through the area where the robot ships were harvesting oranges.

The "burning Rome" is my favorite part of Spaceship Earth...I just love it so much and can picture myself right now going by it!! :) :) I can't wait to get back to Disney!:)

I always inhale VERY deeply at that part! I love when they talk about "all roads lead to Rome" and you can see that little chariot driver driving down the road!!!

To me the WDW BBQ sauce smells just like the Rome burning scene.

I went on the ride 3 times in a row just for the smell! Amazingly on our last trip there (a week ago) the lines in EPCOT were non-existent!

This is so hilarious. Now I know why I visit these boards almost every day... To validate that I am not the only freak in the world who loves this stuff. When riding Spaceshp Earth for the first time my autistic son said "it smells like chicken". Of course this wouldn't make sense to anyone who isn't from the south where we have a lot of smoked chicken. Anyway when I saw this thread I laughed out loud because we always say "it smells like chicken" when we talk about Spaceship Earth.:D

I am a fan of burning Rome smell, but I really like the following WDW scents:

1. The "musty air conditioning smell" mentioned earlier found typically in epcot.
2. The GraFla (YES - I swear it has a distinctive smell!)
3. MONORAILS lol

There's a Rainforest Cafe located nearby where I live and whenever I walk past its "waterfall" thing, I flashback to epcot pavilions because it smells just like it :p !

I too love the "burning Rome" scent! The people across the street from me here at home have a wood burning stove and late at night I feel like I'm in Spaceship Earth! Here in Boston, I am also reminded of the water scent alongside the lagoon at Epcot. If you walk along the Charles River you can close your eyes and feel just as if you were walking in Epcot!

I had a 'Fires of Rome' flashback while watering my garden. I kept smelling that smell. I could hear the voice talking about it. I could feel the ride trudging along. The memory was so vivid. I finally figured out what I was smelling. I was wearing my new cheapo shoes with smelly rubber soles from K-Mart...LOL!

How do they contain it to that one section of the ride though??? That's the REAL Disney magic!:smooth:

I love that smell, too! My 8 year old DS loves the smell of "Disney gas", as he calls it. Since he was old enough to talk, anytime he would smell diesel, he would say that was Disney gas. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter