Smart Travelers - Marriot Question before staying at Aulani

Jimmynguyen77

Earning My Ears
We are going to Oahu in April and will stay the first few days at a Marriot on Waikiki, before finishing at Aulani, cause we have platinum status at the moment. Can anyone provide input on any of the Marriot Branded hotels that include breakfast with the stay for status members? I know Aulani doesn't have breakfast included but it comes in handy when you have kids. Just thought I would ask since many people on these boards really know how to get the most out of travel. Thank you for any input.

We stayed at the Westin Moana Surfrider in 2019 prior to Ko Olina (5 nights on points); DH is lifetime titanium (whew he got in just before they stopped granting anything above lifetime platinum). We got full breakfast buffet for the 2 of us ($40/person value, and it was a fabulous spread) plus club lounge access and the lounge is now where a restaurant used to be off the lobby (continental breakfast, soft drinks all day, chips and snacks, evening salads, soup, heavy appetizers with free beer and wine). We had stayed there many times over the years, but but it had been quite a while. The perks there were awesome. It was a bit noisy, as we were upgraded to an oceanview room overlooking Duke’s.

If you considered this property, I’d call directly and ask regarding your kids‘ ages and whether they are free in the lounge as well, or if they can get the buffet included or reduced cost. If they can use the lounge, the breakfast there is honestly ample.

For Waikiki, we always used to stay at the Moana; it’s my DH’s favorite and we used to staycation there as well when we lived on the Windward side. Yes, the Royal Hawaiian is right there too, but the Moana is a special place to us. We used to drive at least one Sunday a month to have cocktails and watch hula, got to know the musicians there too.

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki Beach, which (at the time) had a breakfast buffet. Not sure how that has changed in the current environment. We didn't have status so we paid cash for it, but we saw several people paying with vouchers, which I assume they received as part of a package or because of status.

We also stayed at the Marriott Waikiki Beach. We had vouchers for the breakfast buffet but I doubt they will have it right now, probably a grab and go of breakfast items (they bag them up for you) is what all the Marriotts have had this past year. Usually it's muffins, granola bars and yogurt for the bags.

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki Beach, which (at the time) had a breakfast buffet. Not sure how that has changed in the current environment. We didn't have status so we paid cash for it, but we saw several people paying with vouchers, which I assume they received as part of a package or because of status.
We stayed at this same Marriott and I’m only silver, but we didn’t receive any breakfast vouchers. I don’t recall if higher levels did/do or not. Sorry.

I booked the Marriott Waikiki and stayed there last time. There main pool is closed for the time frame we will be there so we decided against it.

Since you’re going soon, I‘d call any specific properties you are looking at and ask them about breakfast options. Also keep checking back as things can change.

I figured it out. The Sheraton Waikiki has free breakfast from Status Members. Its just not being done on the 30th Floor at the moment. Hopefully their lounge will be open by April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter