• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Small World Walk Through...

Walker86Girl

Earning My Ears
So I heard they are changin the Small World "Ride" to a "Walk Through". Getting rid of the water/boats and having guests just walk through the attraction.
To me, this is devastating if true. People are ruining Walt Disney's park on how he invisioned it.

Also having people walk through the ride to get up close to the dolls, i see will be diasterous. I can see people (perhaps teens and unruly adults) dismember the dolls,
steal something from the ride.

Also you walk ALOT in the park, my mom was like I don't want to walk any more to see an attraction.
What are your opinions/thoughts?

So I heard they are changin the Small World "Ride" to a "Walk Through". Getting rid of the water/boats and having guests just walk through the attraction.
To me, this is devastating if true. People are ruining Walt Disney's park on how he invisioned it.

Also having people walk through the ride to get up close to the dolls, i see will be diasterous. I can see people (perhaps teens and unruly adults) dismember the dolls,
steal something from the ride.

Also you walk ALOT in the park, my mom was like I don't want to walk any more to see an attraction.
What are your opinions/thoughts?

I have not seen that rumor at all and do not think there is any validity to it. I wouldn't worry about them changing It's a Small World.

Welcome to the disboards.
Thanks Pens Fan. I was just double checking whether other Disney fans heard this. Saw a video on instagram about the walkthrough attraction looked like news channel.
but i guess it was some jokester.

It wouldn’t really make any sense for them to spend a lot of money tearing out the boat infrastructure and laying new floors. The ride wouldn’t be improved and people would be mad they changed it. It wouldn’t accomplish anything for them.

There was a news report in LA who walked through when they were converting to the Holiday version. I think someone took that and made it seem like it was going to be a walk through. My husband, who is not a Disney fan, also fell for it and asked me about it like it was real.

Thanks Pens Fan. I was just double checking whether other Disney fans heard this. Saw a video on instagram about the walkthrough attraction looked like news channel.
but i guess it was some jokester.
That’s a fairly well-known parody account. I saw the same post on instagram, but it’s a farce.

Though FWIW, in terms of appealing to “Walt Disney’s park”, his original plans for both Pirates and Haunted Mansion was that they be walk-through exhibits. The ride experience was added to maximize throughout and control guest flow. But Walt was certainly no enemy of walk-throughs!

Sounds like a fake rumor, but I’d walk through at my own pace instead of walking past like I do now. It’s just toooooo looooooonnnnnnng

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter