Small panic attack

The mix in timeframe will be so crowded at DCA and DL we become so crowded as guests hop over since they are being kicked out of DCA.

With the mix in timeframe from regular DCA park entrance and party crowd entrance, how does Disney actually kick people out?

Curious on what their process is, do they start at the back of the park and have Cast Members check everyone's party bracelets or tickets as they walk towards the front? Is it even possible for someone with a regular ticket to avoid this sweep and avoid the cast members and be able to stay for the After Hours event?

With the mix in timeframe from regular DCA park entrance and party crowd entrance, how does Disney actually kick people out?

Curious on what their process is, do they start at the back of the park and have Cast Members check everyone's party bracelets or tickets as they walk towards the front? Is it even possible for someone with a regular ticket to avoid this sweep and avoid the cast members and be able to stay for the After Hours event?

Everyone is given wristbands and starting just before the start of the after hours event, they start pushing people with wristbands to the front of the park. At the start time of the event and after, the check for wristbands everywhere. They will not allow you to board a ride, enter a restaurant, get in line for a character, etc without a wristband. They also stop people without wristbands from heading in the opposite direction of the exit. You can’t do anything without a wristband which naturally pushes those people out of the park.

For OBB they had a line of CMs across various streets and you couldn’t get past them without showing your wristband. They were looking pretty closely at everyone.

Everyone is given wristbands and starting just before the start of the after hours event, they start pushing people with wristbands to the front of the park. At the start time of the event and after, the check for wristbands everywhere. They will not allow you to board a ride, enter a restaurant, get in line for a character, etc without a wristband. They also stop people without wristbands from heading in the opposite direction of the exit. You can’t do anything without a wristband which naturally pushes those people out of the park.
Looking at the page on the website for this, it looks like the event officially starts at 8pm? Two hours before the normal close time of DCA?

If they don't let us switch reservations, I wonder if they would give us anything else? We don't have park hoppers, but does anyone know if they would let us hop, since we would not get the full park day we paid for?

For OBB they had a line of CMs across various streets and you couldn’t get past them without showing your wristband. They were looking pretty closely at everyone.
Oh that’s how they do it. We are eating at LL when the party started so I didn’t see the line of CMs. Only the aftermath of having our wristbands check 1 million times and watching them turn a few people away from rides and treat lines and turn them around towards the exit.

Looking at the page on the website for this, it looks like the event officially starts at 8pm? Two hours before the normal close time of DCA?

If they don't let us switch reservations, I wonder if they would give us anything else? We don't have park hoppers, but does anyone know if they would let us hop, since we would not get the full park day we paid for?
No, they won't. A "full park day" is open to close per posted hours - there's not a baseline. DCA frequently closes at 9pm - which it might on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in June - and goes through parts of the year where it closes at 8pm on a normal night. There were a number of nights earlier this year that DCA was open from 9am to 8pm.

(I mean, DCA closed at 5pm twice last month.)

To be fair, I don't particularly like this, either. But I think it's less of an outlier than it might seem to be at the moment.

June 23, 28 and 30, 2022

I think these are only the grad night reunion dates. The regular grad nights run in May and June correct?

For 2022, Grad Nite will be offered on May 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 25, 26, and 31. It will also be offered on June 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 17.

I got this off the daps magic website. Is it correct?

Last edited:

I think these are only the grad night reunion dates. The regular grad nights run in May and June correct?

For 2022, Grad Nite will be offered on May 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, 25, 26, and 31. It will also be offered on June 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 17.

That's right. 23, 28 & 30 are the After Dark reunion nights.

No, they won't. A "full park day" is open to close per posted hours - there's not a baseline. DCA frequently closes at 9pm - which it might on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in June - and goes through parts of the year where it closes at 8pm on a normal night. There were a number of nights earlier this year that DCA was open from 9am to 8pm.

(I mean, DCA closed at 5pm twice last month.)

To be fair, I don't particularly like this, either. But I think it's less of an outlier than it might seem to be at the moment.
OK, but the thing that gets me more than the hours, is that we lose both opportunities to see World of Color.

Thanks for looking out for me, but I have decided to skip WDW all together and I wasn't considering DL.

So, just an update, I switched reservations, from DCA on the 28th and DL on the 29th, basically swapped those. It was easy to do and seems like there is plenty of availability. Works out better anyways since one of my daughters' birthday is on the 28th and she said she'd rather spend in DL anyway.

So if anyone else is thinking of doing it, it was easy to do in the website, you just go to the section where your tickets/reservations are, click on "cancel reservation" for that day, then it will let you select a new reservation.

It is really troubling that they are not having ANY public viewing of WoC on the reunion nights. On the regular grad nites you at least have the option of the first show time. This seems very unreasonable to me, and quite disappointing for guests that week.

It's no different than when they do after hours events at DL Park and only those guests get to see fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter