Small nitpick and correction for the DCL Podcast

We can still be friends and I'm the one giving the bad information. I will clarify on a show, but I can at least explain here what I meant. First, I have only cruised three times post-COVID. The first was the media cruise for the Wish. The second was in Alaska where we were reviewing everything every night and didn't have the option to skip main dining and the third was another media cruise where I had to go to the dining rooms. I flat out didn't realize they didn't bring the casual dinner in Cabanas.

That leads me to the next part - I use Cabanas and buffet interchangeably since that's what it's used for during breakfast and lunch, but I get how that makes it confusing since it implies there's a buffet meal service there at a time it's closed even if I mean the space in general.

Thank you for the feedback and we'll definitely work on being more clear and avoiding information that's out of date and/or incorrect. Much like you, I'm sure the Dreams travel agents who heard the mistake were screaming at their phones or computers.

Got it! Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense. I wasn't trying to purposely be pedantic, but may have crossed the line.

I really enjoy your show and your enthusiasm. It's one of my favorite subjects and an escape from reality to listen. Thanks.

Hi Brent -

My co-captains Craig & Jackie have already replied to you, but I will as well as I was the only travel agent on this particular episode. I can assure you that all 3 of us are very well-versed on Disney Cruise Line and all love it dearly. If we do not make something clear or misspeak on something, it is because we are humans and it happens. I can tell you that speaking for myself and the rest of the agents at Dreams Unlimited Travel, navigating the waters of Disney Cruise Line since the restart has been difficult in getting information. As each of the ships came back online and progressed to where we are today, they have all been on their own timelines. Some ships would allow character hugs while others still made you stand on the dot. Some brought back self serve drinks while others still had a CM doing it. Each ship made changes as they went on the own timeline and they were all different. I might sail on a cruise and then on the next sailing, they have made a change and my information is then inaccurate. It is a lot to keep track of when even us calling DCL, we can't get straight answers. Everyone has different experiences because as we know, Disney is Consistently Inconsistent. We have to rely not only on our own experiences but on others to get information, which is why these boards are so great. Contributors can post their experiences and answer each others questions. This helps all of us learn so that we can try to be as prepared as we can before we cruise.

To speak to the particular question, I have only ate dinner in Cabanas one time and it was pre-covid **** down. It is not my preference to do so as honestly, I avoid Cabanas as much as possible. So I did not have an experience to speak from. And like Craig, I also use Cabanas/Buffet interchangeably.

We try very hard to provide accurate and usable information to assist people with planning their cruise vacations. Thanks for watching & happy cruising.

Thank you for the reasonable and professional response. Next time, if I feel something needs to be clarified, I won't make assumptions and just post the clarification without commentary. Keep up the great work on the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter