small glass bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that the restriction is to prevent people from bringing small bottles of liquor into the park, especially prior to alcohol sales at MK. If the bottle appears to be a medication, would it really be a problem? I assume people bring glass vials of insulin and other injectibles into the park without any problem. Perhaps a call to Disney is in order, to ask how to transport your medication into the park.
I have never had a problem bring my insulin onto the park I also have a brush with a mirror attached to it And they have been fine with this too. My guess is they do not want broken glass on the park and like PP said alcohol from outside

I have carried oil bottles into the parks may times. I always have a bottle of headache oil in my bag and sometimes others depending on the day and need. I have never been questioned.

It is very similar to an oil bottle and it doesn't have metal.

I'm sure i knew about this rule but wasn't thinking. The day we went to magic kingdom we had dinner reservations at CRT. My husband was like i don't want to smell all sweaty in the castle getting pictures with the princesses. So, he took deodorant and a big bottle of cologne in a glass bottle. They pulled it out looked at it and put it back in and let us go on through. So, it's probably all in who you get to check your bag.

Maybe wrap the glass bottle with some colorful electrical tape to make it look like its a plastic bottle?

Prescription or not, it is still a medication and like it was said, put it in you pocket. I doubt it has any metal and there is a good chance that once they saw what it is, they would let you go through anyway. If it has no metal, and I doubt that it does, then you should have no problem either way.

The metal detectors don't appear to be set at a very high sensitivity. For example, the metal electronics included in the MagicBands don't set them off. Also, I've walked through several times with an Apple Watch. Once without even thinking about it, and another time with security saying, "you're okay" when I went to take it off. My guess is that they're worried about more substantial amounts of metal than what is contained in one small lid. YMMV.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience bringing a small glass bottle into the parks? This is a bottle that holds about 2 oz and has a dropper. It is kind of like a bottle used for CBD oil, but it's a hormone (not prescription). Will I have any problems if I have this in my book bag?

It is very similar to an oil bottle and it doesn't have metal.

If it is a labeled prescription bottle, no problem. But how did you get access to a hormone without a prescription? Does it have someone else's name on it? Here in the US, I believe most hormones are a controlled substance?

They make similar bottles in plastic form (you can buy them on Amazon) if you’re not adverse to transferring enough to get you through the day into a different container.

True Story:

We travel as a party of 10 and always pack a picnic lunch for the parks. One day (a few years ago) I completely forgot about the no glass rule and popped a huge, 32 ounce glass jar of pickles in our cooler. They gave us an eye roll at bag check and told us we weren't supposed to bring glass - but then totally let us through with it anyway! lol.

Moral of the story, some days it really does depend on who you get at the gates. And if they let us through with a massive jar of dills, I'm sure they'd let you through with your medication!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter