Small cooler pack for insulin

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
Does any one know where I might obtain something like this to travel with? How do you keep insulin cool at night in a motel while traveling? Some motels on the road do not have fridges. We have a cooler that you plug into the cigarette lighter but you cannot leave it plugged in at night or you will drain your car battery. :wave:

Lou-Ann said:
Does any one know where I might obtain something like this to travel with? How do you keep insulin cool at night in a motel while traveling? Some motels on the road do not have fridges. We have a cooler that you plug into the cigarette lighter but you cannot leave it plugged in at night or you will drain your car battery. :wave:
When travelling I don't use a cooler. I just pop it in my purse in a ziploc with my syringes or use my medicool bag and throw it in a bag with my crochet stuff. Medicool bags can be found at a drugstore or medical supply store. If I am on thee round and stop at a hotel I just bring it inside with me. Unless you are using one of the new insukins you should be fine without refrigerating.

what about one of those bottle bags that has the ice packs in the them? they make them small enough to hold a bottle or 2 but they keep my daughter's bottles cold overnight.

Even in motels that don't have refrigerators available for insulin users, we've always been able to leave it at the front desk. All seem to have a refrigerator in the back somewhere. Just make sure that yours is clearly marked...original packaging or nice sturdy ziploc, etc. with your name.

A soft-sided cooler, a baby bottle bag, or a styrofoam cooler may work, with ice from the motel machine. Our Lantus must be kept refrigerated, and we are provided a unit as requested in advance.

Right Lantus and Humalog need refrigeration. Also I usually keep spares refrigerated but not my NPH and regular I am currently using. Only been to one hotel that refused to provide a refrigerator and that was on Miami Beach.

Check out the Frio Wallet - do an internet search and you should find several places that sell it online. I've not used one but folks say they are great - do not require ice and keep things nice and cold. It activates with water.

Here is a website that sells them I think: http://www.coolerconcept.com/

This sounds great for carrying around insulin vials, pens or other meds that have to be kept cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter