slo's TGIF poll - making your bed

Do You Make Your Bed Everyday???

• Total voters
I don't really "make" the bed, it's more like "throw the covers over the top". This is to keep everyday grime off the sheets that I sleep on at night, but mostly to keep the cat hair/dirt off of my sheets when a cat decides to make it his bed for the day. I'll even throw an old towel on top of the bed near the pillow to further contain the hair!

Every day, without fail. I'm in my room for most of the day because my PC is in here and I can't stand a messy bed.

Yes either me or my DF(Fiance) makes the bed most days. Sometimes of the weekends we let it slide because if we want to take a nap or snuggle together then we don't have to undo the made up bed.

I didn't use to, but I do now.

Our bedroom just looks so much nicer when the bed is made... so much more inviting & serene & peaceful. Making the bed just seems to set the tone for the day. When the bed is not made, the room looks clutter-y to me, & I've found I don't relax or think well when my outside space is visually cluttered. (I think it's part of my INFJ personality.)

I also don't like closed doors, so our bedroom doors stay open during the day.

DSs never make their beds, but DD makes her bed about half the time. (In older DS's defense, he sleeps on the top bunk, so making the bed is kind of a pain.)

I will say that my bed doesn't get made every day... if I'm not feeling well, it might not get made. When DH is working midnights & sleeping during the day, I sometimes make the bed when he gets up in the afternoon, &, other days, I don't bother.

I only make the bed when it's time to go to sleep at night. I don't make it when I get up in the morning, but at night, I HAVE to have the bed made and the blankets just so, otherwise I can't sleep very well. I'm a weirdo, I know!

I throw the blanket and comforter up over the pillows - does that count? :)

The only time it is really "made" is when I change the sheets.

I was forced to make my bed every day before I got married, and one time my mother ripped it apart a dozen times until I "got it right" to her specifications when I was a teenager. I mumbled under my breath that when I had a house of my own if the bedroom wasn't visible when company came over then it didn't have to be made! :) I never forced my kids to make their beds. Their rooms were upstairs and nobody but them and DH and myself went up there, unless they were having a friend spend the night then they would change the sheets and make it up then.

I voted everyday, and the last one getting out of bed gets the chore; after all that's fair. :D
Btw that's almost always me!

Every day. There is nothing inviting about an unmade bed even if you are tired.

DS15 is even more OCD than I am, and will come along behind me and make my bed before I even get to it! I haven't made the bed but maybe once or twice this year thanks to "Jeeves" taking care of it for me. It cracks me up.

Until my DH retired 3 months ago, I did make it every day. Now it is his job and most days he does it. You can see mine as soon as you walk in the house. He know I want it done. On the days he doesn't or does it sloppy, I just do it when I get home from work.

Why does one need like 8 or 9 pillows on a queen size bed? :crazy:

I just bought a new comforter set about a month ago. For the first time ever, we have decorative pillows. 6 of them. Plus the 2 we actually sleep with, so 8 total. DH wants to know why we need 8 pillows too! :rotfl2: And I just can't throw the extras on the floor, so when we're going to bed, we carry them to the guest room & back to our bed in the morning. My poor DH, he was so excited when I told him I was getting new bedding- I never change things! I'm pretty sure he's sorry now! :laughing:

I do occasionally, but not everyday. It just depends on how grumpy I am in the morning. I definitely make it when we have guests over.

I just bought a new comforter set about a month ago. For the first time ever, we have decorative pillows. 6 of them. Plus the 2 we actually sleep with, so 8 total. DH wants to know why we need 8 pillows too! :rotfl2: And I just can't throw the extras on the floor, so when we're going to bed, we carry them to the guest room & back to our bed in the morning. My poor DH, he was so excited when I told him I was getting new bedding- I never change things! I'm pretty sure he's sorry now! :laughing:

We have two regular "lay your head on" pillows; two things she calls "shams," (don't you dare put your greasy head on them!!!) that go behind the regular pillows; four decorative pillows, plus a sort-of stuffed animal cow pillow. (DW likes cows.) At least she doesn't carry them to the other room. She places them gently on the floor. I've been known to just grab the bedspread/comforter and fling them on the floor in every which direction.

We have two regular "lay your head on" pillows; two things she calls "shams," (don't you dare put your greasy head on them!!!) that go behind the regular pillows; four decorative pillows, plus a sort-of stuffed animal cow pillow. (DW likes cows.) At least she doesn't carry them to the other room. She places them gently on the floor. I've been known to just grab the bedspread/comforter and fling them on the floor in every which direction.

LOL!!

We have 5 decorative pillows - 2 pillows w/ the sham covering & 3 coordinating pillows. When we unmake the bed, they sort of "fit" in a spot between a built-in bookcase & the dresser. Except you have to stack them there "just so." DH doesn't seem to have as much patience as I do for the "just so" stacking.

When we sleep, we have 2 "lay your head on" pillows plus I have a body pillow on one side of me & two other pillows on the other side of me & one lounge pillow that goes behind my "lay your head on" pillow. DH calls it my "nest."

And it's a good thing we have a king-size bed.

All my "extra" sleep pillows go in my closet when the bed's made.

Last edited:
I usually make it when I change the sheets or if company is coming and I don't want to close my bedroom door. Otherwise, I'm just going to get back in it later that evening anyway! It has just never been a priority for me.

This is exactly me too!

I never make my bed. In the warmer months I don't use any covers. On cold nights I tuck all covers under my body like a swaddled infant. I also like to bunch my blanket under my legs to elevate them which is more comfortable for my back. I prefer to sleep in an unmade bed so why bother to make the bed if I am going to completely undo it at bedtime.

I make my bed every morning. If I don't I will not get my allowance for the week as making my bed is one of my chores to keeping my room clean. I am only 13 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter