Sloan takes over the world! Our pre-WISH-trip report! (Dream Factory)

Okay, so I'm trying to figrue out what we're doing when since I've got to swap a few things up. I'm trying to decide what to do Sunday, US/IOA or Sea World. I really want to head back to GKTW for Twinkle Hopes Tea Party and then will head back out after that. I'm not sure that's going to work out though. The tea party is 2-3. Both places close at 6 that day so by the time we got back (probably about 4 after we parked and got in) we would only have 2 hours left.

I don't know which park would be better for this. At Sea World, I'm sure we will do several shows and walk around and see all the animals. We won't be riding any rides though. At US we'll probably just be doing the place places and seeing characters. We'll ride a few rides (ones for the younger kids) but probably none of the others. I'm not sure which one we will spend less time at...which one we would be okay leaving for several hours. :confused3

Opinions please...

Okay, for the car seats and carry-ons, etc. they have luggage carts that fold up and won't be a hassle when not in use. Google this and take a look:
luggage cart with wheels
WalMart has a cheap option that will probably help save your sanity. You could easily put two carseats (arranged creatively - one upside down and backwards) on that, or all your carryons. I don't own one but have borrowed my sister's and it really can hold alot. The airport is always stressful for me too but it will fade away when you have arrived. Don't worry.

For the tea party, I've been contemplating the same thing. Since there is not much available to read about it, I'm guessing my kids would like it and would like to try to attend. I was thinking perhaps Sea World for us, because it is closer to GKTW than Universal. I'm guessing it's also less crowded and from what I've read it's a LONG walk from the parking to get inside of Universal so that would take up time as well. There is a sit-down aquarium restaurant at SW (can't remember the name) that takes reservations when you arrive. I wonder if they continue serving after the park closes. That would give you more time at the park and not feel like you came back for no reason.

Okay, so I'm trying to figrue out what we're doing when since I've got to swap a few things up. I'm trying to decide what to do Sunday, US/IOA or Sea World. I really want to head back to GKTW for Twinkle Hopes Tea Party and then will head back out after that. I'm not sure that's going to work out though. The tea party is 2-3. Both places close at 6 that day so by the time we got back (probably about 4 after we parked and got in) we would only have 2 hours left.

I don't know which park would be better for this. At Sea World, I'm sure we will do several shows and walk around and see all the animals. We won't be riding any rides though. At US we'll probably just be doing the place places and seeing characters. We'll ride a few rides (ones for the younger kids) but probably none of the others. I'm not sure which one we will spend less time at...which one we would be okay leaving for several hours. :confused3

Opinions please...

Hmm....not sure on this either.

Are you doing either park already? Is this your "second" day at either park?

Sea World may be good...because you can *hopefully* feed the dolphins (which is a great experience) and possibly watch the big show "Believe" and maybe catch another favorite show in between.

I am not sure if they would have a late Believe show if they close so early?

But US/IOA would be an option, too...you have true front of the line passes there...so you will ride the rides VERY fast. So you can fit a lot in - in just a little bit of time. :)

Hmm....not sure on this either.

Are you doing either park already? Is this your "second" day at either park?

Sea World may be good...because you can *hopefully* feed the dolphins (which is a great experience) and possibly watch the big show "Believe" and maybe catch another favorite show in between.

I am not sure if they would have a late Believe show if they close so early?

But US/IOA would be an option, too...you have true front of the line passes there...so you will ride the rides VERY fast. So you can fit a lot in - in just a little bit of time. :)

We're not having second days anywhere, so nope.

I think the kids are going to walk aroudn and see all the animals at Sea World. We can spend a whole day at the St. Louis Zoo and still not have seen everything.

I guess maybe I should just go to US/IOA that day. We're not doing a lot of rides, more character meets and play places. I would probably be less disapointed if we didn't get everything done there since we're not really plannin on doing much of anything there.

Thanks Maroo!

Ack! We leave in just a few days and I haven't even started packing yet. Everyone keep calling in sick at work this week and guess what...I'm the sub. I've got to go in all day tommorow now. I've got so much I need to get done and have no idea when I'm going to do it.

Oh no that is close! I hope you find some time to pack. How exciting your leaving very soon:cool1: Can't wait to hear your trip report. Have a wonderful trip!!

We got our expense check today! DH will be home sometime tommorow (not too late I hope) and then we're heading out Friday. We're 3 hours from the airport and with an 8 AM flight they put us in a hotel the night before.

I can't believe we're going to be on a plane headed to there in such a short time!!

I should be in bed asleep right now, but I can't! :surfweb: I only slept a couple of hours and now here I sit, wide awake. (I guess I'm a little more excited than I thought.)

We've got to be downstairs to catch our shuttle in 4 short hours. Our flight leaves in just 6 1/2.

Hope everyone has a great week! I know we will!!!

Oh yeah, please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers this week. We've been passing around some kind of bug for a little over a month now. I thought we were finally all over but Cambell's congested and coughing again. Sloan's started to get congested, too. I picked up some Mucinex last night. I hope it does the trick and we don't end up having to spend a 1/2 day in a walk in clinic.

Well we're back. For a bit there we thought we might be staying an extra day or so, but the snow storm got a late start. We ended up landing (to a skidding stop--poor Cambell, seat and all, flew into the seat in front of her)not too long after it started. Our normal 2 1/2 hour drive home ended up taking 5 hours. But, we're home now. We had a great week! GKTW is awesome! I'm going to on the look out for cheap air fare so I can take Sloan back for a day visit sometime within the next year. He was crying when we left wanting to ride the train again.

I'll update sometime in the future and add pictures, but for now, we're resting and unpacking.

Welcome home!!! Im sorry you all had a rough landing. whoa 5hrs. I bet you are all exausted. Hope you get some rest. I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful trip:)

Welcome back! Wow that sounds like a rough ride home. Glad you made it safe. Cant wait to se pics after your all rested up.

Hi there!

:)

I just wanted to check on you guys! Hope all is well with Sloan and your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter