• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/24 poll - Rubber Gloves 🧤

Rubber Gloves - Do you use them and when do you use them? (m.c.)

• I use them daily

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I use them often

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I use them once in awhile

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I use them rarely

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I never use them

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I use them when washing dishes

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • I use them when cleaning the bathroom

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I use them when I do any cleaning of something gross and yucky

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • I use them whenever my hands need to be in water

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters
I also have a box of disposable gloves that I use when handling icky, gross stuff. I also use it if I have to mix up ground beef by hand, like to make a meatloaf. Can't stand the feeling of getting meat underneath my fingernails.

I have a pair of elbow length rubber gloves for doing the laundry. I have a top loader washing machine that doesn't have an agitator cone up the middle. So, it doesn't clean very well. So, I will usually stop the machine, let the clothes soak, then reach in and hand rub the clothes together. The long gloves are great so I'm not absorbing all the bleach or Borax myself.

The expensive rubber gloves got holes in them too quickly for me. The nitrile gloves will usually last several days, which is cheaper in the long run than the rubber gloves.

Yep, the elbow length rubber gloves got a hole about the third usage. Currently, I wear a pair of the disposable gloves inside so I don't get wet. I'll have to see if I can find elbow length nitrile gloves.

I rarely use them. I did sometimes use them to change the oil on cars. It could be difficult to wash that off later.

I also use the disposable latex gloves for many things.

Painting or handling anything questionable etc..

I bought a pair to use when I recently did a hard core cleaning of the grout in my bathroom. I used them to protect my hands from the chemicals and tossed them after the cleaning. I do regularly wear garden gloves, winter gloves, and will use a plastic disposable gloves if I make hot pepper jelly, but not if I cut up a couple of hot peppers but making the jam it’s a lot and that oil lingers for days.

Well I caught something gross that caused a weird bumpy rash a 10 years back so that made me quite a bit more mindful of eww factor. I prefer wiping things down with a Clorox compostable wipe but a meatloaf is not wipeable and dirt is not wipeable.

I have a latex allergy, which stinks so while I do have the big thick gloves under the sink I have & use Nitrile gloves and make an effort of overlapping tasks or try to get away with just one hand for most things.
One hand only when cleaning and I try to reuse the glove if I can.
Always when touching dirt, gardening, plants or dusty parts of the garage and all.
Always when handling raw meat especially ground beef which always stings anyway.

During quarantine I tested a lot and so many have powder or say they are Nitrile but seem to mix in Latex without being honest, judging by my skin. In the end I settled on the gray Halyard Dr offices seem to prefer and for heavier outdoor tasks I have Adenna Dark Light 9 mil that I found with favorable reviewed by tattoo artists, these ones do not tear.

Last edited:

I do not use the kind you are talking about in this post/in the picture but I am a nurse so I use the disposable ones when I am at work. The facility where I work has the horrible vinyl ones though and I hate those, I prefer latex or Nitrile ones. They have nitrile ones for people with allergies though but very small supply so they are strict about only ones that actually nee them can have them.

I don't really like using rubber gloves (can be a pain to grip and hold stuff with them on) but dish soap and other cleaning chemicals aggravate my dyshidrotic eczema so I have to wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter