• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 8/24 poll - Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands - How many have you visited or lived on? (M.C.)

• I’ve visited/vacationed

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • I’ve lived on

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 11 8.4%

Votes: 17 13.0%

Votes: 18 13.7%

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I’ve never been to any Hawaiian Islands - I’d like to go

Votes: 55 42.0%
  • I’ve never been to any Hawaiian Islands - I have no desire to go

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
We visited Hawaii for about 11 days back in 2018. Oahu and the Big Island. It was wonderful. The day we left, my son was crying, he loved the place so much. I've never had a better vacation, it was magical.

I feel like we had an amazing guide in DH too. He lived on Oahu for 3 years when he was in the Army, so I feel like we got to see things that maybe the usual visitor doesn't see.

We can't wait to go back, but oh man 13 hours of flights, wicked jet lag. And oh dang the price tag.
We visited Oahu for 12 days, DH’s sister was there, her husband in the navy. We stayed a few days with her, and got the military rate at the hali koa (sp), turtle bay Hilton, and an oceanfront campground. Loved it.

Oahu
Hawaii
Kaui
Maui
Lanai (back when it was owned by Dole and had NO hotels. We camped on the beach for a month and scuba dived)
Molokai (although just landing their briefly on the way to Lanai.

*Did you know that there are 137 islands and that only 7 are inhabited?
....well, technically 8, if you count my little 20' x 20' mini-island with it's little grass shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii....
cartoon-emoji-character-singing-playing-guitar-design-isolated-white-background-emoji-character-singing-playing-217340907.jpg
Fun fact: It's where the Humuhumu, Nukunuku a puaa goes swimming by.

TRUE STORY.

Last edited:

I’ve been to Oahu, Maui, Big Island, Kauai and Lanai. All multiple times. Hawaii is my favorite place for vacation and I love how easy it is to get there from the west coast.

....hmmmm....:scratchin why am I not surprised by this...
It was a College class. A combination Marine Biology/Physical Education Winter term class my Sophomore year of College. Spent the entire month of January scuba driving.

Once to the Big Island for 10 days and once to O’ahu for 2 weeks. I’d like to get to Maui and Kaua’i one day but it’s not at the top of the list. I loved O’ahu (amazing food and stunning countryside when you get out of the city) but there are so many other places we want to see that I’m not sure if we’d ever be able to go back. Also, it’s very expensive now - almost a 50% increase on the modest condo we rented two blocks away from Waikiki beach, compared to 5 years ago!

My mother moved to Hawaii when my parents split so I went on a court ordered visit when I was seven and my sister was five. I think it was two weeks? Could have been three. I had to look up the things I remember to determine what island and it looks like it was Oahu. Mostly I remember pretty mundane things like taking the bus everywhere, arts and crafts and rain (my mom slipped and fell down the stairs, broke her leg in three places.) I do remember collecting puka shells with my step grandmother, the grandmas rescuing us from a huge wave, my stepfather pulling me out of a rip tide and also being to told that if I dropped my lei in a body of water it would make sure I’d get to go back. Still waiting for my chance. I’d like to take all my kids.

My stepfather is a native Hawaiian and we have a huge Pacific Islander population here. So much so that Las Vegas is known as “the 9th Island.” Definitely a culture that is near and dear to my heart.

Just went for first time for 2 weeks this summer, Maui and Oahu. We got a free timeshare on Oahu (love it-couple blocks from Waikiki beach and Tikis!) so we will be back. We have family on Maui. Probably every other year so we can do the 2 weeks.

My mother moved to Hawaii when my parents split so I went on a court ordered visit when I was seven and my sister was five. I think it was two weeks?....Mostly I remember pretty mundane things like taking the bus everywhere, arts and crafts and rain (my mom slipped and fell down the stairs, broke her leg in three places.).....
...OMG! :scared:

I've lived on Oahu (military family) and visited Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and the big island. It's fine to visit, but it's too hot, and living there, I felt trapped.

She kept saying, “Be careful, be careful” and then she’s the one who fell. I remember running to get my grandma and her having a cast for the rest of the visit but I don’t remember how we got to the hospital or being there.

She kept saying, “Be careful, be careful” and then she’s the one who fell. I remember running to get my grandma and her having a cast for the rest of the visit but I don’t remember how we got to the hospital or being there.
...wow....amazing....just, AMAZING. [That's a special kind of pain, right there...]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter