• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 5/25 poll - Your High School Graduation (update post #34)

How many students were in your graduating class?

• 800 or more

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • 600 - 700

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • 500 - 600

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • 400 - 500

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 300 - 400

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 200 - 300

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • 100 - 200

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • 100 or less

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • I don’t remember

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Today’s the big day for my DD18 - how can she be graduating high school? Didn’t she just start kindergarten?! She is one of two students, out of a class of over 800, to deliver a graduation speech. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers to not be nervous, and to deliver her speech (that she wrote herself - I haven’t heard it yet) with the same confidence she has every day of her life.

How many students were in your graduating class?

For Me…..We had a little over 500 students.
My DD goes to the same high school as I did, so you can see how much our area has grown with her having over 800 students in her class. The school is larger now than when I went there - it’s huge. Many choose to not send their kids there due to size, they decide to send them to smaller private high schools. Both my girls had a great high school experience and would probably stay a fifth year if they could - LOL!
2AA0EE16-0542-4213-AB19-5E94B7C5196B.png

My high school had a little less than 400 kids in it and about 80-something were in my graduating class. DS went to private school with about the same number but with Grade 9 included (normally that would be jr. high here). His graduating class had 67 students.

802 graduates in 1979. 1980 was the highest at about 820, then the school population gradually started declining.

I hear that these days it’s about 600.

I think there were about 500 in my class as well. Big high schools are good. Makes for an easy transition to a massive anonymous state university.

Good luck today!
Not everybody attends a massive anonymous state university.

Some kids thrive in a massive high school. Others feel lost there. My kids graduating classes had just over 300 each. I wouldn't have wanted something larger. If they wanted to participate in things, they stood a reasonable chance of making the team and participating.

@slo...... Congratulations to your daughter on this memorable day!

I graduated in a class of 93, but this was a school that consolidated two smaller high schools the year before I graduated. I started high school with a class of 40.

My kids each had 600-700 in their classes. My opinion: more kids = more problems.

I wish my kids could have attended a small school.

I’m thing 100 but maybe less.

My kids classes were 200. There are 2 high schools in our town one public and one Catholic.

Hope you and your family have a great day! Congratulations to your daughter! 👩‍🎓

I think it was close to 200. It was 42 years ago. My granddaughters go to a small private Catholic school. Right now our oldest granddaughter is in 5th grade and she has just 3 other boys in her class. When she gets to 9th grade she’ll have to go to the public school where they’ll be about 50 kids in her class.

Wow, so impressive @slo! Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. Enjoy today!

My HS graduation from over 30+ years ago was a big class…probably 200+ seniors. It was an amazing day! It was held late afternoon in our football stadium in the CA sunshine and you could smell the orange blossoms.

My class was 232.

My girls graduate have/will with over 300. Their high school is the same one DH graduated from and has decreased in size since he went there.

My class was over 600. Some may think that’s big, but honestly I knew about 85-90% of my classmates. And when you were in a classroom, there was only about 20-25, sometimes less, so you got to know everyone and the teacher well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter