slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/3 poll - Shoe Horns 👞

Shoe Horns - Do you use one, are you a man or woman & what age range are you? (m.c.)

• I use a shoe horn a lot

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I use a shoe horn once in awhile

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • I do not use a shoe horn

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • I’m a man

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • I’m a woman

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • My age bracket is 29 or younger

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • My age bracket is 30 - 44

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • My age bracket is 45 - 59

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • My age bracket is 60 or higher

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Shoe Horns are something my Grandpa (RIP) always required. He had one by both doors at his house and I have one of his here now. I used to think that using a shoe horn is just for older men, but guess who’s know the older man….my DH :laughing:. He uses a shoe horn every day and one is kept by our door.
I’m curious today…..

Do you use a shoe horn?
Are you a man or woman?
What age bracket are you in?
(m.c.)

For Me…..I do use the shoe horn by our door, but not every day. I have just a couple shoes that require it. When my DD20 is home she uses the shoe horn quite a bit to put on her sneakers without untying them 🙄. She actually took a shoe horn to school with her.

IMG_1625.jpeg

Last edited:

I probably haven't used one since I was in elementary school, so about 60 years. I don't think there is one even in the house.

I have one... somewhere, but rarely use it. My dad always had one for his dress shoes. I got a new set of sneakers and they're the kind that are elastic/stretchy at the top (no tongue on the shoe). Boy, are those things hard to get on! I remember thinking "I bet a shoe horn would make this easier!" but I didn't actually go find the shoe horn to test it!

I dont, I vote for my DH. .... We have a few little ones that are metal and about a million years old. One loooong plastic one someone gave us. He uses it once in a while. But it's easier to say, can you help me with this shoe, than to look for shoehorn. But that hardly happens too.

I wear Crocs all the time; due to my weird arches they are the only thing that fits comfortably. Can't say I could ever see a need for a shoe horn with Crocs! However, DH has one that he uses when he wears his dress-up wing-tip shoes. We are both in our 60s.

I remember my grandparents having several. I recently bought one. My husband bought me some really cute Uggs for Christmas, but putting them on is a 2-man job. I hadn't read the reviews before putting them on my wish list or I would have known others had the same issue. I left a similar review and Ugg replied, suggesting I get a shoehorn. So, I did. They're booties, so I bought a longer one that could work with the shaft height. Yeah, it didn't help...but, now I own a shoehorn!

54 year old female and I’ve never used one. I don’t think we have one and I don’t think we had one in my childhood home. Maybe my grandparents had one because I do know what they are.

I used to use one when I was little to get my good school shoes onto my foot in the morning. I haven't used one since I started high school in the Mesozoic Era.

I've got a pair of Walmart slip-on sneakers for mostly yardwork and local trips. I have another and even lighter weight of Sketcher slip-on sneakers. Neither pair require a shoehorn. And my days of wearing a daily dress shoe for work have been over for years and even then, they didn't require a shoehorn.

I bought a set of these bamboo back scratchers about 8 years ago. The write up and reviews were great. And the item is great. I bought for the scratcher function, Marie also uses the shoe horn quite often. I do not.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014T52TA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

After that purchase, Natalie wanted a set, then Vince and Katlyn wanted a set and then I got a set for Marie's late uncle. Everybody can't say enough about them, though mostly the scratcher function. They really are good. Amazing for such a simple accessory.

Guy here, well over 60. Marie, woman, up there also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter