slo’s TUESDAY poll - Your Current Residence

Your Current Residence - How long have you lived there?

• Under 1 year

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • 26-30 years

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • 31-35 years

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 35 or more years

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
10 years. Random but our house turned 100 this year and we are only the third family to live in it. The first owner lived here from the time her dad had it built for her in 1921 until 1986. I don’t think we will stay here for 65 years.

I'm going to say 36 of the past 45 years. My grandparents bought the house in 1973. My mother and I joined them in April 1976. I moved out and back in a few times. Now DH and I own the house and we live here with our son and my mom.

48 years with a 13 year break. I lived here with my parents until the age of 22. Then when they passed, my husband and I bought the house and have lived here since.

I'm not sure exactly how many years but it's 16 to 20. When we bought the house it was just supposed to be for 5 at the most because we wanted to build but we got lazy. I hate the house and the area but hubby is happy with it.

I had a little chuckle and some good old memories from my elementary schools day (60's) because I knew families with 4,5,6, kids that lived in those 1000 sq ft homes.
It's amazing how much of a difference a few hundred square feet makes when it comes to having a harmonious family life.

The old house was one of those little boxes made out of ticky tacky. :P Late 1940s cape cod with a living room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. No basement. Tiny yard. No AC, drafty. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter. We were almost a family of 5 in there. Me, DH, the 2 kids and my Dad spending a few nights a week with us (he had a 175 mile round trip commute for work, staying with us was only 20 miles round trip. ) Having two babies in one room together wasn't great sometimes and 3 adults getting ready in the morning with one bathroom....

The "new" house is a 1960s dream come true. Brick, L-shaped rancher on a half acre lot in a cul-de-sac. My Blue Heaven. Living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. Fully finished basement with room for guests. Fireplace. Wonderful HVAC system. Lovely yard for the kids and dogs to frolic. The elementary/middle schools are fine. But the high school is garbage. If DS doesn't test into the "good" high school or if DH and I don't want to pay for private school, we're going to have to move about 2 miles west into the better district. 😭 We should be able to get a similar house over there, but I don't want to leave my little slice of suburban bliss....

My ex-wife (fiance at the time) and I bought what was supposed to be our starter home in October 1989. Live in it maybe 5 to 7 years then get something "better."

Close to 32 years later I'm still there with current wife.

How long have you lived at your current residence?

For Me……17 years

We lived in our 1st house 20 years. The only reason we sold it was we moved to another town and plan to stay here from now own. We both hate moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter