slo’s TUESDAY poll - Manicures

Manicures - Do you get them? (Multiple choice)

• I’m a woman

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • I’m a man

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I get a manicure often

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • I get a manicure once in awhile

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I get a manicure rarely

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • I get a manicure for special occasions only

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • I don’t get manicures - I do my own nails

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I don’t get manicures - no desire to have one

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I don’t get manicures - no time

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
I get a mani/pedi every couple of months when I can no longer stand how they look. Always get it done before vacation. When I try to do my own it looks like I let a year year old paint them.

I'm the rare lady who NEVER manicures but does Pedicure. I hate my hands: larger than I'd like and I have a stubby thumb so I'm not doing Manicures. Plus I'm always in my flowers and dirt May thru Sept . NOW,I know why my girlfriend never plants!!
I'll get another Pedicure in a few weeks and that be the last one for 2021.

Never had one. No desire to have one. I trim my nails but never use nail polish.

I never get a manicure. In fact, I don't paint my nails ever and I keep them short. I'm on the computer a lot and longer nails get in the way when I type on the keyboard. Also, when I draw with longer nails, the way I hold a pencil makes my index and middle finger dig into my thumb.

I'm actually very low-maintenance.

I usually do my own nails but treat myself to a manicure once or twice a year before a vacation or if I attend a special occasion.

I rarely do manicures or paint my own nails because it doesn't last. I just beat up my hands too much. However, I love pedicures and go every 3 or 4 months.

Never had a manicure or pedicure. When I was a little girl about 7 or so, my cousin owned a beauty store and she would cut my hair about once a year. She would polish my finger nails when she cut my hair. I used to do my own nails all the time. Now, nope. Haven't had nail polish on my fingernails in at least 4 years and my toe nails at least 10.

I get a mani/pedi every 3 weeks and have for years. It is really the only treat I give myself. I have had the same ladies for years and love the place I go. My Mom goes with me about 90% of the time and they all refer to her as Mama in the shop. I do the gel polish and it lasts about 2.5 weeks at a time so about the time it really starts coming off, I know it is time for another.

I used to get mani/pedi's--I liked the pedicure and hand massage part. I never got polish on my hands, just my toes. There's still a lot to a manicure besides the end polish.

Tip for painting your own (especially for your toes): It doesn't matter if you paint like a little child as long as it's a day or two ahead of when you want it to look good. I paint my own toes now. Looks like a 3 year old did it when I'm done, but I just wear shoes with covered toes for a day after. The parts that were outside the lines rub off really quickly, and then voila! Looks pretty good!

edit--well, maybe more like 3-4 days. I just looked at my feet, and they're still a work of modern art.

I do my own nails and think they come out pretty good. My dd goes for manicures and I feel she gets tied down to it because she gets the gel and then has to go back to them to get it taken off.

Last one was for my wedding. I can't afford them. And I hate doing them myself so my nails are never painted.
Now pedicures I do if we are going away in the winter and usually couple in the summer.
I prefer to pay for a pedicure because they last longer than a manicure.

I don't think I could tolerate someone giving me a manicure. I know after my mom had her stroke, we had to help keep her nails cut, and it was just too easy to hurt her by being a touch too aggressive.

Never for me. I have had them a couple of times in the distant past usually as some sort of group activity (all the bridesmaids getting their nails done before the wedding or something like that). I did not really enjoy it. It was somewhat uncomfortable, I don't really like the feeling of polish on my fingernails, and it does not last long enough to be worth the money spent. I try to keep my nails trimmed to look decent, but they're not buffed, polished, etc.

I got a pedicure one time. I did not enjoy it.

For a long time, my MIL went to a nail salon for pedicures. But while she was doing that, what she really should have been doing is going to a podiatrist to get the toe nail fungus dealt with. So instead, she went to the salon and they'd have to get out the Dremmel grinder tool to help make a dent in it. ALL of her toe nails were infected with fungus. She knew this. She went to the salon anyway.

If my MIL was willing to do that, I figure there's plenty of other people who would, too. I'm not willing to risk getting foot fungus just because I want my toe nails to look pretty. I do an adequate job dealing with my feet all on my own...and besides, a pedicure in my MIL's neck of the woods is about $40. I'd rather put $40 to a Disney trip instead.

Every so often I will get a pedicure -- like before vacation or something. But I never do manicure. I do too much with my hands -- gardening, cleaning, crafts. I wreck a manicure within about 15 minutes.
If I'm going somewhere that I don't want to look like a farmer, I apply a glossy top coat for shine. That's it.

I only do manicures once in a while but I go for pedicures every other week!

I get gel manicures for special occasions/vacations but not regularly because they’re hard on my nails. I don’t ever get regular manicures because they don’t last very long. I get pedicures frequently though. I usually bring my own polish and then paint my fingernails myself. That way I can touch up or redo it as it chips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter