slo’s TUESDAY 5/3 poll - Switching Out Seasonal Clothes

Switching out seasonal clothes - Do you do this? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - clothes go in the attic

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Yes - clothes go in another bedroom

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Yes - clothes go in boxes under my bed

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Yes - clothes go in a storage unit

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yes - clothes go in boxes and stay in the same closet

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No - my bedroom storage has enough space for all my clothes

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • No - I don’t have enough clothes to switch around

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • No - I wear the same clothes all year

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • No - it never occurred to me to do this

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters
My walk in closet / my amount of clothes is sufficient I don't need to do this. Never have. My mother didn't either.

ETA - I do move some winter coats and boots to the basement closet from the front hall closet in the spring. But maybe that's not the same thing. I don't keep coats and boots in my bedroom closet.

No, for a few reasons.

I am a freeze-baby and wear hoodies in 90+ degrees, first of all.
Second, I have enough room in my room to store what clothes I do have.

My mom used to store our stuff in the attic in the off seasons, but that just seems like extra work that I don't need to do.

Other. I have a few closets in the basement where we store clothes. We also put clothes into Rubbermaid bins. I also have a bin in my closet with seasonal clothes that I hope to fit into but so far no. They may get donated one of these days.

Other. I have a few “extra” closets in my finished basement. I keep really heavy clothing there in the summer and really light clothing there in the winter. I also have some Rubbermaid type totes down there for off season shoes, boots, flip flops and clothing that gets folded instead of hung. I also keep wedding and funeral type clothes down there all year round.

I have already brought up a few pairs of lighter weight pants and short sleeve t-shirts, but too soon for shorts and tank tops. It’s usually a gradual process at first with a few items at a time and then I finally will get it all switched over when the weather dictates—probably around Memorial Day.

I do not rewash the clothing that I store before wearing. It was clean when it went in so I consider it clean now.

The process is a pain, but no walk in closets in this house. It was built in the 60’s and all of the bedrooms have the same sized (small) closets which means DH and I share a closet the same size as the ones our daughters get to themselves.

I love clothes and have tons, so I do have to do the switch out for the seasons. If I had a walk-in closet, I might be able to get by without doing switching.

Right now I put the out of season things in totes in the upstairs guestroom closet.

All our clothes are in our closet. Plus we still have warm weather here and there in winter so it’s silly to put stuff away when I’m going to wear shorts in winter.
With the kids stuff, I’ll go thru their things twice a year to see what’s small to give away and buy some new clothes in spring and late fall if they need them.
I do have a feeling my son will need new pants again next year as he has grown 4 inches since last summer.

Even when I was a kid with a smaller closet I made due with it but I always had a dresser that I used for a few things (normal underwear, socks, pjs) and I used a drawer for some things usually shorts.

But every place I've lived at has had enough space in the closet and usage of a dresser so no need to switch out.

I do know my mom has switched things out at least at times in the past, hers is mostly preference but somewhat space too.

I do have my portion of the walk in closet organized though with jackets and fleece jackets, pants, tank tops or no sleeve shirts, t-shirts, 3/4 length shirts, then shorts and skirts. So for the most part depending on the season I'm going to certain parts of the closet more than others.

We have two dressers screwed together that are acting like an island so in that I have my tank tops I use for layering and my pjs. Another dresser in the bedroom part has my socks and underwear.

This is the temp right now (running quite cool for this time of the year and will be the rest of the week when it will only be highs in the 60s) so you probably wouldn't want to have stored all your winter stuff away just quite yet

1651589429766.png

I live in GA so it's mostly warm here but we do get cold winters (and snow). I have a very large closet and I actually don't have a lot of clothes to all what I have can stay in the closet at one time. No need to switch from summer to winter and pack things up.

I leave mine all in my closet, but move summer clothes to front of closet and vice versa. We take at least one warm destination vacation during the winter so we have to pack summer clothes. That would be a hassle if they're all packed up in an attic or basement.

Reactions: NAB
I voted "other" because I do swap out clothes, but I have a metal upright storage cabinet in the basement and our off-season clothes are folded on shelves in that cabinet. Our bedroom closet is very small and I can't keep more than one season's worth of clothes in there. My kids' closets are full, too. Maybe once our daughter finishes college and moves out, we'll take over her closet for our off-season stuff.

I have a large walk in closet, but no need for seasonal clothes. I have a coat closet where I keep my hoodies and jackets, which may or may not get used in the winter (haven’t the past two winters) and that is about as seasonal as it gets.

I have enough closet space, mostly because I live in Georgia and while it does get cold it doesn't so cold you need extra heavy things. I do store jackets and hoodies in an upstairs guest room closet and do have a hallway coat closet. While I don't switch out clothes I do switch out purses. I own a lot of purses so they get switched out fall/winter, spring/summer. The ones not being used are stored in two plastic bins in the closet. The ones currently being used are stored in a hanging shoe storage thing on the wall of the closet.

Nope, no switching out seasonal clothes. I remember when we first moved into our farmhouse (my husband’s childhood home) I thought I would never fill up all the closets in the house🙂

I have a walk in closet with hanging bars and shelving (husband has his own matching one) - it’s large enough to keep all my clothes in so there’s no need to move anything out - I do switch heavier items (like sweatshirts) with lighter clothes (capris) between higher and lower shelves in the closet by the season.

I live in a warm climate, so I don't have much need to switch out clothes. I do tend to wear pants in the winter and shorts in the summer, etc. but most of my clothes are year-round.

Same clothing year round. I might grab a sweater, windbreaker, or jacket from the hall closet on the way out, but same clothing year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter