slo’s TUESDAY 4/18 poll - McDonald’s Hamburgers

McDonald’s Hamburger - When was the last time you ate one?

• Today (if seeing this poll later)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yesterday

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Last weekend

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Last week

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Last month

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Not sure, but it was in 2023

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Not sure - more than a year ago

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Not sure - more than two years ago

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • I’ve never had a McDonald’s hamburger

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
My guilty pleasure is Burger King. Their food is so much better than McD's, although they are more expensive. I like their Impossible Burger, their fries, and their breakfast sandwiches. Trying to get off of them, though. So unhealthy for me.

My guilty pleasure is Burger King. Their food is so much better than McD's, although they are more expensive. I like their Impossible Burger, their fries, and their breakfast sandwiches. Trying to get off of them, though. So unhealthy for me.
Onion rings!! MMMMMmmmmmm......

2018. On a bicycle ride coming back through NY after we rode through Canada. I got caught up at a stop talking with a group I met from Jamaica and my group moved on so I was behind. I hustled to catch them and caught them sitting under a tree in front of McDonalds. I was hungry enough to go in and grab a quarter pounder.

Previous to that I would have to look up my ex wife's uncle's wedding as we were following her dad and he pulled in there for lunch.

Before that would have been 1994 when I was working my internship at HJ Heinz in Pittsburgh and we would walk across the bridge for lunch. That day we went to McDonalds.

Prior to that would have been 1991 or 1992 when I was in school.

Other than that, I've never eaten McDonalds in my 51 years on earth. 4 times. It's disgusting and I only ate it because the group I was with went there.

I have been a vegetarian again since August of 2018. So, at least that long. But, we didn't/don't do a lot of fast food - maybe 2x a year, if that? Anyway, my order was usually the 2 cheeseburger meal. And then I piled the fries on the burgers, like my dad taught me. And it was glorious.

My only real craving since going back to veg is that exact meal.

Sunday just gone, as a matter of fact. Quick snack after a long tabletop gaming session. McDonalds cheeseburgers hit different.

I don't like it in the US, it tastes funny. Had a quarter pounder with cheese at the MCO McDs and didn't like it at all. UK one is usually alright and uses better quality ingredients- I'm a sucker for the nuggets.

I'm not sure, but it was in 2023. It has gotten too expensive, especially since it is fast food. Quality has gone down significantly and just not worth it. I will, however, get an egg mcmuffin when traveling. Otherwise, we've lost interest. That goes for most fast food in general.

We go maybe once a month or a little less. Every so often we just decide it sounds good for supper. I always get a QPC meal. We don't have lots of options within 15 miles drive anyway.

It’s been a few weeks I’m sure. My go to at McDonalds is chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce. If I’m in town over lunchtime I’ll get a 4-piece and a senior Diet Coke. Once in awhile I crave a Big Mac though. Just wish they would bring back the smaller size.

Just last week, and it is definitely NOT on my diet. I had a perfect storm of having to run an emergency 4 hour driving errand after missing lunch. When I came back into town, I was ravenous, and feeling kind of down (my adult son is depressed and though I was glad to help him, it was a bummer to see him so grumpy and pessamistic). So I did the unthinkable: I went to Taco Bell. Then I went to McDonalds. Then I went to Dairy Queen. I think I might have an unhealthy relationship with food, lol.

But seriously, it all made me feel so ill after 6 weeks of healthy eating. I had a hard taco, a Mexican pizza, a double cheeseburger and fries, and a small blizzard. Wayy too much, and I spent the evening feeling pretty miserable, and the next day noticing my joints were starting to hurt again. I had the first night of arm numbness is weeks, but I'm not sure if that was the food or the driving--I just went through physical therapy for that, and it helped so much. Weird to think it's possible that the diet change did as much good as the exercises.

Me too! It was perfect, and I really enjoyed that promotion. - I actually wrote letting them know, in hopes they'd keep it if enough people did the same, but alas...no more mini macs. :(
I also liked it, but think I only had it once before it went away. They did a wrap version of it here too and I didn’t try it even though I intended to.

It has been 12 years (when I lost 117 lbs) since I last stepped foot in a McDonald's or any other fast food restaurant for that matter, and highly doubt I ever will again. I'd prefer to be embalmed when I'm dead rather than while I'm alive. That and paying $12 bucks or so for a combo meal is more than I'd be willing to pay. :rotfl2:

Sometime in the last month. I do not eat there often.
That said, I do have their app since my GS loves it, of course and I like getting Mom ( lives in a Memory Care Facility) a chocolate shake once in awhile. The app always has deals so why pay more when you don't have to. I'm more likely to get a craving for their fudge sundae. I tell my husband it's "portion control" which there is not when he scoops a bowl of ice cream. LOL!

I don't eat meat and no longer eat fast food either but the last McD's I had was a chocolate chip cookie. Miss their sugar cookies. As a kid, I so enjoyed the boxed cookies of Chocolate Chip and the character shaped animal cookies, too. Grandma loved their strawberry sundaes (hot fudge for me, the same and/or caramel for Dad. Grandpa probably would have any enjoyed all three flavors especially strawberry) I will also always cherish memories of Grandma enjoying a treat snack of a small fry and sundae. Years later, Dad and often ate at McDs. She would also enjoy breakfast every so often there when she would drop me off in front during 10th and 11th grades when I rode the school bus and my pickup stop was our local McDs. I remember being thrilled when finally they began serving breakfast all day and I could easily get a plain no butter warm muffin with cheese at any time. Kind McDs beforehand would often make them after hours anyway which was so nice and appreciated.

Pre pandemic, Dad and I also enjoyed their milkshakes especially on buy 1, get free 1 free days. It was also a blessing to share a free shake with someone else in line when we only wanted one.

I have visited a few times the original to LA area McDs when in Downey.

Good memories :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter