slo’s TUESDAY 4/16 poll - Jelly Donuts

Jelly Donuts - What’s your opinion and how often do you eat them? (m.c.)

• I love them 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I like them 🙂

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • They’re just ok 😐

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • They’re edible 😶

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t like them 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • No opinion - I’ve never had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I eat one once a month or more

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I eat one off and on throughout the year

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I very rarely or never eat donuts

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Once in a while will have a jelly donut but not really a fan. The custard filled are my favorite. Don't like any which are some variety of fruit filling. Some grocery stores make cheap imitations where the filling looks/tastes like toothpaste..............do NOT like those. Those Paczki that are popular seasonally are a variation of a filled donut.

I love jelly doughnuts, they are my top pick. I like the kind with a bit of sugar on the outside, but not the powdered sugar, the granulated. Like the ones in the first picture. If I'm getting two the 2nd will be a maple frosted. Might have them a couple of times a year.

I usually will have 1 or 2 on Chanukah as if I go somewhere that tends to be what is offered but if I had my choice there are other types I really enjoy.

I like all kinds of doughnuts as long as they are Krispy Kreme. All others are too much like cake.

I don't like jelly donuts, because I don't like jelly or fruit filled anything. Pies, donuts, etc. My favorite donuts are the cream donuts made by my neighborhood bakery. Mmm. I haven't had one in a year or so-might have to get one.

My tag from the old DISboard days was something about how I've never met a donut I didn't like. ;) So while I wouldn't pass up a jelly donut if it was the only option I also wouldn't choose it specifically. Taste is good but I don't like how the jelly squirts/oozes out everywhere. I can't remember the last time I had a jelly donut. My favorites are sprinkle cake donuts and maple/chocolate bars (or "long johns" I guess some people call them).

I would never turn down a jelly doughnut, but they're not my fave. :) DH, on the other hand, would walk through fire to get one. :goodvibes

Not going to lie. Donuts are my favorite food. However, unless their malasadas with fruit filling, I won't eat a fruit-filled donut. I'm not a fan of fruit filling because it's too sweet.

Give me chocolate donuts and I'm a happy girl!

My tag from the old DISboard days was something about how I've never met a donut I didn't like. ;) So while I wouldn't pass up a jelly donut if it was the only option I also wouldn't choose it specifically. Taste is good but I don't like how the jelly squirts/oozes out everywhere. I can't remember the last time I had a jelly donut. My favorites are sprinkle cake donuts and maple/chocolate bars (or "long johns" I guess some people call them).
For some reason, I actually remember that. I didn’t remember that it went with you, but I do remember the tag. There’s a few other ones I remember like - Hangers are against me (I don’t remember who’s it was). I think of that every time my hangers are tangled up and falling on the floor - LOL!

I love jelly donuts. I prefer them with regular sugar like in your pic or glazed but I don't see those too often. Usually I see powdered coated ones. I don't care for those as much.

I LOVE Boston creme or regular glazed ones like the Krispy Kreme ones.

OMG I remember the first time at an actual Krispy Kreme and not from the grocery store, probably 15 years ago, I saw that they had the red light on and got them warm and fresh...Ohh wow that was a good day, LOL.

Yesterday a patient at our office went on and on with how much they love jelly donuts (I don’t remember how we got into this conversation). So it got me thinking if others feel so passionately about jelly filled donuts.
Let us know…..

What is your opinion about jelly donuts?
How often do you have them?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….I’m not a fan :sad2: . I do like crème filled donuts, but that is very different than jelly. In the end I eat no donuts, so I guess it doesn’t matter :rotfl:.

View attachment 852190
Jelly donuts are my dad's favorite and when me and my mother sometimes get donuts we usually buy Dad a couple jelly donuts though Dad prefers apple fritters when my family gets donuts. But I have a really funny story about my father and his jelly donut obsession. Once my family was driving on vacation to see my grandmother and we always stopped at my aunt's house to spend the night and then we would continue driving in the morning. So anyway my aunt and my mom and my cousin went to a donut shop to get donuts my aunt got my mother and me some glazed donuts and my aunt got maple donuts and then she bought a whole box of jelly donuts and so as we were driving to my aunt's house Mom and I asked my aunt who the jelly donuts were for my aunt replied that she bought them specially for Dad. The next morning when we were eating donuts my dad was gonna eat a jelly donut when he noticed the entire box was eaten and Dad was shocked and was stuck eating a chocolate donut and my aunt told Dad that she really got the jelly donuts for my cousin because he liked them so much and my cousin never got to offer a jelly donut to Dad when my aunt bought the jelly donuts the day before. But that is a funny story that even my aunt remembers quite well today

I do tend to sample the jelly ones with hope, they always look prettier than they are so they are food world's equivalent of a low lit bar.

Donuts are an odd thing, they look so appealing but always taste just so not great. Not sure if it that junk ingredients are used now, like instead of sugar it is juiced and bleached jungle twine, instead of tasty flour there is now some high yield goo and instead of butter it is whipped ick and instead of real vanilla beans they toss in some juiced bug or something equally weird... sigh, I think they used to be good when I was a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter