slo’s TUESDAY 11/28 poll - WDW Resorts

WDW Resorts - Which type do you, will you or plan to be staying at?

• Value

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Moderate

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Deluxe

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Villas

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Disney Springs Hotel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Off Property Hotel or another rental place

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • None of the above - I have no plans to return to WDW

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • None of the above - I’ve never been to WDW

• None of the above - I go to another Disney Park (please post which park)

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
We stayed at the Grand Floridian for our only trip to WDW, and I was surprised that there was no walking path to the Magic Kingdom. Our last day we went to the MK and had to get back to the GF to catch our bus to the airport. The monorail broke down, and we were concerned we would miss our bus and our flight. Disney did a great job putting more and bigger boats into service to get folks to the GF, and we made it. But I see why Disney did finally put in a walkin route to the MK from the GF.
But, we are Disneyland fans, so we won't be going back to WDW. Just isn't the Disney we grew up with.
There is a walking path now.

We grew up with Disneyland too, but also go regularly to Disney World.
Enjoy both......hate the drive to DL though.

We stay in 2 BR villas due to the space, privacy and ability to cook our own meals (mostly breakfasts). Since I live close enough to WDW, it makes it a mini-vacation without the travel expenses. But we also haven't done any of the parks since 2019 (too much planning/logistics for me).

We are DVC since the turn of the century so we've stayed at studio/1 & 2 BR/Villas since joining. From the late 70s up through joining DVC we stayed at all levels including a less than $20 a night motel in Kissimmee. On site our only value stay was at All Stars with rooms similar to the motel. Our moderate go-to was Coronado Springs, I think we hit all of the deluxe resorts that had been built at the time.

If you'd like to upgrade your resort level I highly recommend renting DVC points.:earsboy:

So many great replies - thanks to everyone!

A few people were wondering why this one isn’t multiple choice. The reason is because the question is where you would stay now, where you would stay next trip or even beyond that?

The reason I asked it that way was because we stayed at The Poly, The Contemporary and The Wilderness Lodge in the past and loved them, but right now it’s not in our budget. Our resort preference has changed to meet our budget. So I’m wondering if others are the same way. Where would you stay now, today, if you decided to hop in your car and go to WDW. You can only stay in one place at a time so that’s why the poll allows only one selection 🙂👍🏼

We have only been to Disney World once and stayed in a moderate ( Port Orleans Riverside). We enjoyed it and would stay in one again Or a value If we returned. Deluxe was out of budget.Not sure if and when that will be. Being on the West Coast Disneyland is so much easier for us to get to and less overwhelming.

I had to select Other because we stay at various resorts/hotels when we go to WDW. Depends on what's more convenient and the cost.

I have, and will in the future stayed in all the categories. I only stay in the villas if I can rent points or WDW has a good rate since I don't own DVC. Next week I'll be staying at CSR. I booked that because it was one of the best discounts I could get from my AP during that time frame. Given the choice and all the stars aligning, I'd stay in a deluxe every time but the stars rarely align now days. I do sometimes do a split stay of a few nights in a value then moving over to a deluxe. I've never stayed in a value for an entire trip. The only way I can see doing that would be if I was spitting a suite at All Stars with my son and his family. Other wise, I prefer the moderates and deluxes, mostly because this old lady needs a hot tub at the end of the day.

We usually stay at Port Orleans , love the boat ride to Disney Springs and the grounds are so nice.

This time meaning, tomorrow we are staying at Disney Art of Animation . We let our daughter pick this time. My son and his fiancé are staying at Pop . That’s where they wanted to go .

This is the first family trip in 8 years , we are paying to take them on a Christmas cruise on the Fantasy. Since we were paying to get them to Orlando they tacked on WDW.

DVC members. Before committing to that we mostly stayed at moderates. We moved on to renting DVC, now own.

My extended family booked Swolphin thru the 2010s. Pricing has changed though so now they’re trying out DVC.

Last trip we booked Floridian but all the scaffolding made us switch back to Port Orleans Riverside and we had a blast.
While out and about Gingerbread House seeking the Yacht Club caught DHs eye and we both loved watching EPCOTS fireworks from the grounds so best guess is we will end up there for the next trip. Floridian wouldn't even let us in the gate to see the gingerbread house or into the Trader Sam's bar, which ticked both DH and I off so I do not think that resort is in our future.

Moderates are wonderful to me as well, I really enjoyed all of the resorts we have stayed at and would be fine at any one of them but I sort of want to keep adding to my experiences by trying new ones.

BTW, the grounds and housekeeping staff were super friendly this time around and that totally changed the experience.

We are here now on a triple split - BR, RIV, and VGF. Up until a couple of years ago, we always did deluxe CL. Now we rent points so I can have my washer and dryer!!!

This trip, we liked BR and RIV okay, but would not choose either again. Tomorrow I will know on VGF.

In May we plan on deluxe CL since only 5 nights and adults only.

We are here now on a triple split - BR, RIV, and VGF. Up until a couple of years ago, we always did deluxe CL. Now we rent points so I can have my washer and dryer!!!

This trip, we liked BR and RIV okay, but would not choose either again. Tomorrow I will know on VGF.

In May we plan on deluxe CL since only 5 nights and adults only.
Hope you’re having a great trip!

I voted moderate since I discovered CSR. I know it doesn’t get a lot of love here but it works for me. I’ve stayed POFQ and enjoyed it but I fail to understand how they can’t include a comfortable chair to sit in. In fact that’s the case for all moderates except CSR. I’d stay deluxe as a first choice but pricing is ridiculous

It's value resorts for me, unless the mods have a great discount and I'm sharing cost. This past Sept, I shared cost of a room with my sister and we got a nice discount for Coronado Springs. WOW, was that a great resort!!

And like you Slo, Deluxe are out of my price range. I do NOT seeing myself spending that kind of $ again. If I do, it's AKL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter