slo’s TUESDAY 11/14 poll - Snooze Button

The Snooze Button - Do you use it and how many times do you hit it? (m.c.)

• I hit the snooze button always

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • I hit the snooze button sometimes

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • I hit the snooze button rarely

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • I never hit the snooze button

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • Once

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Twice

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Three

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Four or more times

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I don’t use an alarm clock

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I have been working with DOD and other federal agencies for most of my working career and they want to see you bright and early, like before 7:00 AM, so while I do use an alarm, I get up when it goes off, these days around 4:30 AM so I can get out of the house and on my way at 6:00 AM and arrive at the office (currently DOE) at around 6:30 AM.

Well, I voted both "Sometimes" and "I don't use an alarm" :rotfl: because my "alarm" is the cats, wanting breakfast :cat::cat:

...but I occasionally "snooze" them by keeping a container of treats near the bed to buy myself a couple of minutes to breathe before I actually get out of bed.

Ha! Fitting day to post this one, Slo! I always set the alarm (old-school digital clock radio) but almost never sleep until it goes off. I’m an early riser by nature and often wish I could get a little more shut-eye. On Tuesdays DH has an early meeting, so I set a separate one for him. This morning after he left I fell back into a deep sleep and when mine rang, I did snooze it...twice! :goodvibes It was kind of nice, actually.

As I'm getting older I'm finding it harder to get a good night's sleep. I wish I could sleep until my alarm goes off, but I'm usually awake before that.

I have never hit the snooze button. I set the alarm as late as I can and still be ready on time, and then just get up when it goes off. To be honest, I don’t wake up completely until I am about halfway through my shower, but at least I am up and moving.

I don’t even bother going back to sleep if I wake up less than 30 minutes before the alarm is set to go off. I need to have time to get completely back to sleep or I wake up even more groggy than normal. Dozing on and off doesn’t work for me.

It really just depends. I have two alarms set 30 minutes apart. First one is to wake me up the other is for me to get up. I like to lay in bed for a bit read, check the DIS, email, etc before actually getting up and ready for the day.

I always have set my alarm at the latest possible time I can so no, I never used the snooze bar. It is also why I have always showered at night before bed, not in the morning. My thinking always was, I was awake in the evening and I would only lose sleep by showering in the morning. Of course now, allergists recommend everyone shower at night so you aren't covered in allergens while you sleep.
The last 15 years I worked I got up at 2 am, and was sitting at my desk at work 13 miles away at 3 am. The 15 months I worked from home, I was up at 2:50 am and logged on to work at 3 am.

If it's a weekend and have a timeline I'll set an alarm and never snooze that one with getting up intentionally.
Regularly I have 2 alarms. The second I snooze always usually 2-3 times. It's mostly just to get my brain moving so I don't fall back asleep.

As of 12:20pm CST……
30 people never hit the snooze button
11 people always hit the snooze button
Very interesting results so far today.
Thank to all that participated so far today 🙂

As of 12:20pm CST……
30 people never hit the snooze button
11 people always hit the snooze button
Very interesting results so far today.
Thank to all that participated so far today 🙂
Your work situation I think is a large part of it. My work world was made up where the two times of day with the largest number of people starting their work day were 3 am and 3 pm. I would thing those of us with a 3 am start would almost never hit the snooze because we wanted to get as much sleep as possible. Someone with a 3 pm start might hit the snooze because it is harder to oversleep when your work day starts at 3 pm. Harder, but not impossible. I would get calls from 3 pm shift workers at 7 am to request something....and they were calling just before they went to bed. Those are the people that belong to 24 hour gyms, which are amazingly packed at 3 am with night shift workers working out before bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter