slo’s THURSDAY 9/29 poll - Hurricane Ian - You, Your Family or Your Friends

Hurricane Ian - Who do you know in Florida (M.C.)

• I’m in Florida

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Family is in Florida

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Friends are in Florida

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Right in the path (west side of state)

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Right in the path (middle of state)

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Right in the path (east side of state)

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Outer bands only

• I / they evacuated

• I / they didn’t evacuate

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
A 20+ year work colleague retired down to Cape Coral a few months ago with his wife. At this point, we're just Facebook friends. Unfortunately, I haven't heard an update on their status. Praying for them.

We have a house about an hour NW of WDW and DW is there right now. They got some wind and a good bit of rain, but nothing like those in the path.

DS is a CM and shares a house with 2 other CMs in Davenport. They stayed put and are doing OK right now.

Very good friends (like family) in Sebastian. He said lots of branches and general debris. They also have a lake house close to Orlando, he can't get there yet, but is expecting a foot of water in the house.

Three good friends I've met from here, Tampa area. All doing okay. One worked several 12 hour shifts in a shelter.

Have heard from my folks (NW of Orlando) and they are fine. 😀

ETA - Heard from my brother & SIL too, and they are also good. 😀

Last edited:
We just heard from my MIL's boyfriend in Fort Myers - he said he's got some damage, not sure how extensive yet, but he's ok. Rumors are that power could take up to 4 weeks to restore. :( If that's the case, he might just head up this way and stay at my MIL's place here for a while.

No longer have any family there. MIL had a condo in North Fort Myers and we are glad we have sold it.

We have a condo in Sanibel booked for October 22, which now looks unlikely.

My cousin has a vacation home in FL. She is up here now, said the damage seemed to be minimal on her street according to neighbors who are there.

We evacuated. We got extremely lucky, our neighbor told us that from the outside the house looks okay (he obviously can’t check to see if any water got in via the sliding back door). We’re planning to return home on Sunday, depending on road conditions and ability to get gas. My cousin lives in another subdivision about 2 miles from us and their house has more damage and flooding in the neighborhood. It’s crazy what a difference a couple of minutes/miles makes. It could have very easily been so much worse for us.

Last edited:
No one I know is in or around Florida.

I do, however, know a few people who have been affected by Fiona.

South East coast so we didn’t evacuate but had lots of tornadoes. School was closed for 2 days. Thankfully, we are safe and fine. Our wall is leaking but we will get that repaired. I’m devastated for the west coast. Just sick. :(

I live around Ft. Lauderdale. We got very lucky, pretty much only had outer bands. A few tornados touched down in South Florida but for the most part we came out okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter