• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY 9/22 poll - Alarm Clock vs Phone

Traditional Alarm Clock vs Phone vs Something Else

• Traditional Alarm Clock - digital radio (use radio as alarm)

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Traditional Alarm Clock - analog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traditional Alarm Clock - analog with twin bells on top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital - 1 user option

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Digital - 2 user option

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Phone

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • My watch

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Something Else

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
The only time I would use an alarm is for an early am flight -and that would be on my watch. I haven’t used one for work in 10+ years …I get up when my body decides it’s time to get up, even if that means being “late” to work.

And second, I have never seen a plug in alarm clock that doesn't take a 9 volt battery as backup to losing power. My clock works just fine with no power, you just don't see the display. It still tracks time and the alarm still goes off at the set point.
Ours have a battery backup to keep the time in memory so the time will be correct when the power comes back on, but to be honest I have no idea if the alarm would go off with the power off.

When I was in elementary school I had an electric clock with an alarm. I am wondering if that buzzer sound is what led my body to start just waking up on its own. I only remember it being used a couple of years, and definitely from
Junior High on I never even set an alarm.

I later had a clock radio which had an alarm. Again, I didn’t use it for school or work. I would only set it as a backup for things like middle of the night vacation starts. But even then my body usually woke up first anyway.

Someone else mentioned why use a snooze button and it reminded me of a floor mate in college. He had his clock set thirty minutes ahead so he could hit the snooze button twice each morning, and still be ten minutes early!

Ours have a battery backup to keep the time in memory so the time will be correct when the power comes back on, but to be honest I have no idea if the alarm would go off with the power off.
I never knew either until I woke up to the alarm and was surprised to see no display. Thought it was broken until I fully woke up and realized the power was out.

I never knew either until I woke up to the alarm and was surprised to see no display. Thought it was broken until I fully woke up and realized the power was out.
I've been meaning to change the one in my clock radio. Just did. I always write the date a battery is installed (a practice we used for equipment at work). The battery I took out was installed in 1996 !

I use two old phones that still have buttons on them as I'm afraid I will be fumbling to find the phone and accidentally hit the wrong button on a touchscreen and turn off the alarm instead of hitting snooze. The second phone is my back up in case something goes wrong with the first phone.

I use my phone, but with a pleasant melodic sound, not the default.

It's so nice to wake up to "Spring" music instead of a strident beeping.

Yes, this is the main reason I switched to a phone. I would prefer a clock with an actual, big snooze button I have to press. But, I haven't found a clock with a nice melodic sound I like waking up to. It just starts my morning off the wrong way being jolted awake to horrible beeping. :headache:

I use both my phone and a clock radio if I want to get up at a certain time . Now that we are both retired we usually just wake up when we feel like it. DH's internal clock gets him up around 7:30am & I am usually an hour later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter