slo’s THURSDAY 4/25 poll - Bologna

Bologna - Do you eat it now & What kind do you eat? (m.c.)

• Yes - I eat Bologna now - a lot

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yes - I eat Bologna now - sometimes

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Yes - I eat Bologna now - rarely

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • No - I do not eat Bologna now

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • I eat regular / all meat Bologna

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • I eat beef Bologna

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • I eat garlic Bologna

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I eat another type - please post what it is

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never in my life ate Bologna

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
When I was young, I loved a bologna sandwich on white bread with yellow mustard, but I haven’t had bologna in decades.

I grew up with bologna of several different types. My father would go to our local butcher's shop and get:

Ring bologna
Ring bologna with cheese
Lebanon bologna - now available at our local Publix deli
Sweet Lebanon bologna - personal favorite, impossible for me to get locally
Pickled bologna

It's easy to tell where I grew up with this list.

I grew up with bologna of several different types. My father would go to our local butcher's shop and get:

Ring bologna
Ring bologna with cheese
Lebanon bologna - now available at our local Publix deli
Sweet Lebanon bologna - personal favorite, impossible for me to get locally
Pickled bologna

It's easy to tell where I grew up with this list.
I haven't thought about ring bologna is a long time!

I don't like mustard, either. I always had mayo on bologna sandwiches.
I’m weird. I’m not a condiment person at all. I don’t like wet sandwiches. No mayo, mustard, ketchup, “special sauce” or anything on my sandwich. The closest I come to eating a condiment on a sandwich is having buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce on the meat, but I want the sauce cooked on the meat so it’s dry. At Thanksgiving, my sister has to bring her own mayo for turkey sandwiches, because she knows there won’t be any in the house.

It’s been ages since I bought bologna. Growing up I ate fried bologna sandwiches on toast with a touch of mustard. Ooohhh that sounds good.

The all beef is what we’d have and what I’d buy now. Same for hot dogs.

'Round these parts we do barbecue bologna - and it is good! You can even get a bbq bologna sandwich at some of the barbecue joints here. It's really eeasy to do too - just toss a log of bologna in the smoker with some barbecue sauce or dry run on it (or a little of both), and let that smokey flavor sink in. It's good! I am not averse to regular bologna slices, but I almost never buy them.

I like bologna (prefer the small Kayem bologna) and pick some up at the deli occasionally. I like it in a bulkie roll with lettuce and Miracle Whip.

I used to eat it as a kid. Cold from the fridge on Wonder bread with ketchup.

I probably haven’t eaten it in 50 years.

A fried bologna sandwich with mustard is one of life's simple pleasures. Unfortunately, I can't get DW to go along. But there's a local minor league baseball team that has them and I always get one when we go.

Ate as a kid, it was cheap. On cheap white bread, cold , I think with mayo. Haven't bought that type forever. Maybe a few time "fancier" bologna, but not the 300 slices for $2.98 type.

I don't think I have had bologna since before the pandemic. We do buy lunch meat once in a while, but usually roast beef, ham or turkey. Just don't think about bologna. May have to get some.

We always have it as my teen likes it for sandwiches. Not my fav. I would rather have corned beef or ham.
My Mom sometimes would fry it for supper to add with leftover macaroni or something. I've done that a handful of times too.

I have never had it. I was the weird kid who traded their meat for veggies. My mom said I refused to eat bologna, hot dogs, and sausage. I still don’t eat much meat. Haven’t had red meat since I was 15.

Had it when I was young. At two different points in my life I was called a nickname involving it by some others for a while.

Had some as a kid, but avoid most processed lunch meat now for health reasons.occasionally have sliced Turkey, but never bologna

I’m weird. I’m not a condiment person at all. I don’t like wet sandwiches. No mayo, mustard, ketchup, “special sauce” or anything on my sandwich. The closest I come to eating a condiment on a sandwich is having buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce on the meat, but I want the sauce cooked on the meat so it’s dry. At Thanksgiving, my sister has to bring her own mayo for turkey sandwiches, because she knows there won’t be any in the house.
Same, but DH uses mayo and ketchup so there’s some in the house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter