slo’s THURSDAY 4/11 poll - Ice

Your Every Day Ice 🧊 - How often do use it and where does it come from?

• I use ice every day

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • I use ice some days during the week

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I use ice once in awhile

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • I use ice when it’s hot out or when I’m hot from doing something

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • My everyday ice comes from ice trays

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • My everyday ice comes from the ice maker built into the fridge

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • My everyday ice comes from bags of ice bought at the store

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • My everyday ice comes from my own separate ice maker

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • My everyday ice comes from another source not listed

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
We all use ice 🧊 at home, and we all have different ways to get our ice 🧊.
Tell us….

On average….how often do you use ice?
Where do you get your everyday ice?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I’m not a big ice user. I use ice 3 - 4 days a week for my drink I take to the gym and for the protein drink I make after the gym. The other days I drink water at room temperature - I’m not a fan of ice water. My DH uses ice every day - he does like ice water. Our ice comes from the ice maker built into the fridge.

IMG_1644.jpegIMG_1646.jpegIMG_1645.jpegIMG_1623.jpeg

We use a lot of ice.

I have installed a whole house water filter as well as a reverse osmosis 20 gallon tank that is hooked up to the ice makers.
The refrigerator has 2 ice makers - one in the door and one in the bottom - so we have a lot of ice.

In addition I got one of these pellet ice makers and its well worth it. It makes the "sonic" style ice - I've never been to sonic but that's what I've been told.

I've had the unit for two years now and no issues at all.

1712832716511.png

1712832684168.png

Every day for my ice coffee ❤️ I hardly ever drink hot coffee and then my final glass of water at night I fill with ice so it’s cold all night because yes I often get up through out the night and will end up taking a drink before I get back in bed
All ice from my refrigerator unless it runs out then I will grab a bag of ice at the store

I get my ice from the trays that came with the unit. Predominately used for food prep (blanching).

I prefer drinks to be fridge cold but not colder because I can’t taste the beverage anymore.

I rarely use ice in drinks at home. I use ice a lot when I'm cooking a big batch of something and don't want to put hot food into the fridge. I'll set one pan inside another that filled with ice water.

We have trays, I have grandkids who don't know how to get ice out of them. 😲

As a kid, we had the metal tray with the lever thing. Anyone else remember them?

If we're having a cookout, we'll buy a bag for the coolers, but for everyday use, I just make ice in a Tupperware ice tray and empty it into a gallon zip bag to fill the tray again.

Sometimes I put ice in my water, and sometimes I don't. It's just a mood thing.

As a kid, we had the metal tray with the lever thing. Anyone else remember them?
Yes!

I love ice. I drink it in almost all my drinks if it's available. We spent 6 weeks in Russia once, and ice was the thing I missed most from home (drinks aren't generally served with ice there.)

We have a built in ice maker and I use that for my reusable water bottle. Then I also have a countertop nugget ice maker, and I use that a lot for drinks that I'm planning to drink at home.

I use ice pretty much daily. I will fill up a cup from the ice maker on the refrigerator. We also have stand-alone ice makers at work and I also use that pretty much daily.

We have a built in ice maker in the fridge. I prefer to use the filtered water from the fridge, rather than the ice.

Reactions: NAB
Every day I add ice to my insulated water cup. The amount depends on the weather, so more ice for warmer days, as I want the water to stay cool. I use the ice maker that’s inside the freezer. If we’re entertaining, I’ll start a week out and bag up ice each time the tray is full. If we need to fill a cooler, I buy bagged ice.

We're in the process of selling our home and moving (to FLORIDA!). I have just a few "must haves," and a refrigerator with an ice machine is one of them. I'm so sick of being the only one to fill the ice tray. As it's just DH and me, I know who's falling down on the job.

I use ice everyday, all day. We have a separate ice machine now that our freezer one stopped working

Less so in the winter, probably, but we do use ice pretty much every day. We’ve got a fridge with a water dispenser and ice maker.

I don’t think I’ve used ice since las summer. We have an ice maker built into the freezer door.

We have an ice maker in the fridge with water as well. The ice maker freezes up all the time and given up on it . My husband liked it when it worked.

We do have trays in the freezer but really don’t the ice, maybe for injuries or headaches.

Only time I use ice is when we eat out.

I voted “other” because our ice maker is currently not working and has been that way for months now. I haven’t bothered to make ice in trays. I need to get that ice maker fixed.

I use ice in my iced cold brew and my lemon water every day. The tap water is terrible here so I buy Poland Springs by the gallons and use my countertop ice machine. It makes ice tubes in minutes.

I use ice often, but not necessarily every day. We have an ice maker in the fridge. Our next fridge needs to have in-door crushed ice, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter