slo’s THURSDAY 2/15 poll - Shaving Cream vs Shaving Foam vs Shaving Gel 🪒

Shaving Cream, Shaving Foam or Shaving Gel - Which one(s) do u use and are u a man or woman? (m.c.)

• I’m a Man

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I’m a Woman

Votes: 72 80.9%
  • Shaving Cream

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Shaving Foam

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Shaving Gel

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Soap

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Another product not mentioned above - please post what

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Nothing - I use an electric razor

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Nothing - I don’t shave

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Neither. I use Venus razor and it has some type of smooth shaving gel built in around the blade.
I am a woman. I use that Venus razor as well but sometimes use a different one with either shaving cream or gel.

Last edited:
Female here. I use whatever is on sale, but usually a shaving gel—target has some that are pretty cheap. They have a cheap foam there too. I’ve also used body wash and right now I am working through a giant bottle of conditioner that wasn’t good on my hair. I hate to waste it so it has become my shaving medium.

I always use what’s on hand meaning whatever the man used, LOL.

He was a strange shopper of certain products. If he thought he only had 2 cans of shaving cream he’d buy another. Same held true for Qtips, cotton balls, Irish Spring soap, toothpaste and mouthwash. He’s been gone almost 3 years and only the mouthwash and Qtips he bought are used up. Some of my favorite giggle moments are hunting thru his still in existence stash.
Errr…the Irish Spring is never gonna get used up; not a fan.

I haven’t had to shave in several years. A neighbor once told me that it stops growing after menopause, and she was right. When I did shave I used foam or gel.

I only use triple head electric shavers that are able to be used in the shower. That being said, I recently got a Xmas gift of EOS UltraProtect men's shaving cream in blue surf. Where previous gels/creams generate gobs of foam, this product doesn't produce any which had me immediately doubt it. Then the instructions called for only a dime sized amount to be used which further had me perplexed. And then I tried it, spreading a really thin amount on my face/neck.

It is remarkable how much better my shaving experience has gotten. It's orders of magnitude smoother and I can actually feel the hydration of this product work (no more burns from over pressing my shaver into my skin, etc.). Our local WalMart carries it and because of how little I use, it's actually very cost effective vs. the more generic brands.

1708012246274.png

None of the above, I use an epilator. I picked electric razor but it's not really, it's tiny little tweezers that pluck those puppies out. I'm well into my 60s so I really only have to do it maybe every 3 weeks or so.
I use epilator on my legs too. One of the best decision I made in my 30's was to laser my armpits, it was expensive back then but well worth it.

I agree with you, slo, that gel is better than cream or mousse. Though, I ,mostly, use an epilator at the moment.

I used shaving cream only from the start. Then not too long ago also occasionally starting using water or foaming hand soap too. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?

For those using electric, any recommendations on one that does a good job? I have been thinking of switching over.

I always use what’s on hand meaning whatever the man used, LOL.

He was a strange shopper of certain products. If he thought he only had 2 cans of shaving cream he’d buy another. Same held true for Qtips, cotton balls, Irish Spring soap, toothpaste and mouthwash. He’s been gone almost 3 years and only the mouthwash and Qtips he bought are used up. Some of my favorite giggle moments are hunting thru his still in existence stash.
Errr…the Irish Spring is never gonna get used up; not a fan.
Ha ha! I can relate. A couple of weeks ago my deodorant was getting low and I went to my reserves and was shocked to find I didn’t have two or three waiting there. I soon went to the store and remedied that situation, but it concerned me to realize I must be slipping!

My dh loves that Cremo shave cream as well. We don't use the same bathroom so I just use my Olay body wash. I may try the conditioner as so many seem to like that.

For Me…..I’m a shaving gel user. Foam is to thick and I’ve never tried cream. When I’ve run out of gel, I will use soap. My DH also uses gel. I also have a really good electric razor, which I use sometimes, and then I use no shaving product with that.
Interesting observation. I tried gel but found the foam much thinner. I use the cheapest foam you can buy, Barbasol. But to be honest, as someone who has been shaving a long time as a almost 67 year old, I have found the blade you use makes more of a difference than the shaving cream. Between acne, inexperience shaving and the single blade razors that were the norm when I started shaving, my face was always a mess.
I use a 5 blade Fusion razor now, and that makes a big difference. And shaving after showering also seems to help me get a closer shave. Being retired, I rarely shave more often than every other day. My face is much happier. Not has happy as the 14 years I had a beard. My wife made me shave the beard off when I turned 51 because I was starting to look like Santa.

Woman. Using soap but now I bought these razors that have some kind of gel/ foam inside them. Not sure if I would get them again.

Thank you to those who explained about hair conditioner.
I totally learned something today 🙂👍🏻

My razor has a shaving soap bar built in around the blade. When the soap wears all the way down, it's time for a new blade.

When I absolutely need to shave my legs, like in Summer when I wear shorts, I use a depilatory cream like Nair or whatever. For my pits, I have a Conair precision trimmer that I use once a week.

None of the above, I use an epilator. I picked electric razor but it's not really, it's tiny little tweezers that pluck those puppies out. I'm well into my 60s so I really only have to do it maybe every 3 weeks or so.
I tried one of those when they first came out. No ma’am! Those are like a medieval torture device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter