• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY 11/9 poll - Cooking 🧑‍🍳

Cooking - Do you cook meals at home & how many days a week do you cook? (m.c.)

• I cook meals at home

Votes: 95 85.6%
  • I do not cook meals at home

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook one day a week

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I cook two days a week

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I cook three days a week

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I cook four days a week

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I cook five days a week

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • I cook six days a week

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I cook seven days a week

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Cooking for many of us is a way of life - we have to do it or we like to do or both.
Some of us may not cook because we live with someone that does all the cooking. we don’t enjoy cooking or we may not be very good at cooking.

So, the question for today……

Do you cook meals at home?
If yes….how many days a week do you cook a meal? (on average)
(multiple choice)

*I apologize for the red ❌s in my signature - I’m going to try and fix that.

For Me…..I enjoy meal planning and I enjoy cooking. On average I cook 4 days a week. Sundays we always have pizza and the other 2 days we eat leftovers from the other 4 days. We don’t eat in restaurants very often, so my typical cooking week is the 4 days (I don’t consider heating up leftovers as cooking).
IMG_1388.png

Last edited:

I am a decent cook, but I don't love to do it. The actual isn't so bad, but I am not good at meal planning. And I LOVE to eat out, so that's my "splurge" on myself. I generally try to cook at least 5 times per week, but some weeks it's 4. (I had a rough day yesterday and forgot to thaw any meat for dinner. My husband said "how about if we get Chipotle." and I jumped at that.)

I am a decent cook, but I don't love to do it. The actual isn't so bad, but I am not good at meal planning. And I LOVE to eat out, so that's my "splurge" on myself. I generally try to cook at least 5 times per week, but some weeks it's 4. (I had a rough day yesterday and forgot to thaw any meat for dinner. My husband said "how about if we get Chipotle." and I jumped at that.)
We had Chipotle yesterday for dinner!

Nearly everyday. Multiple meals somedays. Oatmeal nearly everyday for breakfast. Dinner 6-7 nights per week. Lunch is the one meal that is not cooked everyday.

I do cook meals at home, but as a single guy, "cooking" may be a bit of a stretch. It's more like toss a bunch of stuff in a crockpot or simmer a Hamburger Helper type thing. I often eat salads too, so I don't really cook anything for those.

I love cooking and probably cook 5-6 days a week. Both my son who is still home and husband eat leftovers for lunches so I still have to make decent size meals every night. A lot of days I will make something early in the morning or at least prep it and have it ready to go at dinner time. I am a huge crockpot fan during fall and winter as well as casseroles because they are easy and feed a lot.

My problem lately is I am bored of everything. I am lacking inspiration on what to make for dinner tonight which means it will probably be a quick pizza/flatbread or pasta.

I live alone, and have a somewhat hectic schedule, so cooking is fairly basic unless someone is coming over. I might cook 2-3 times a week, go out 1-2 times, then spend one night with my parents, and another with my adult children. I'm really not home enough to get into any kind of schedule unfortunately(or fortunately :-) )

I love to cook, and I cook at home (I was the main cook after my uncle's death)-but not lately. In my household now we all have such varying schedules of when people are home and who is eating what that it no longer makes sense for my family to cook a meal and sit down together. Sad, but that's how it goes. Now I buy a lot of prepared food like TV dinners, frozen pizzas, etc.

I said I cook 6 days a week. I would be happy if I never cooked again. I don’t like it. Now one family member has a really odd work schedule so I am trying to accommodate them.

Some weeks I may cook less. I just got over a bad cold so dinner wasn’t so great that week.

I'm retired now and have made cooking one of my everyday duties. I make breakfast and dinner every day. Covid restrictions showed us that food cooked at home can be much tastier than restaurant food. And it's cheaper, too. :)

We will eat out occasionally, though.

Are usually cook once a week and just eat it all week some weeks I don’t cook at all and eat something frozen or a grilled cheese or an egg sandwich or have a granola bar it depends on my mood
I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid so I’m really good at it but since it’s just me there’s no sense in me making a big meal I can’t eat all of it

I cook 3 meals a week, use hungry root delivery, and then do leftover or easy/frozen stuff another night or two. We eat out or get door dash about 2-3 times a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter