slo’s SUNDAY poll - Washing Walls

Washing Walls - How often do you do this?

• Throughout the year

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Once a year

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Once every couple years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every three years

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I don’t know - whenever I think of it

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Only before we paint

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Never - I never thought to do it

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Never - I don’t want to do it

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Never - I hire someone to donit

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other- please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How often do you wash walls in your home?

For Me……Once a year.
This is wall washing season for me and I dread it every year.
I try and do one or two rooms/area a weekend.
I take that time to vacuum real good along the baseboards and wipe down the baseboards real good too, I also like to wipe down or vacuum any furniture, in every nook & cranny, that’s in the room too. Today I start with the dining room.
Sidenote….this is one of my least favorite activities, but I do feel good about it when I‘m done. The walls do need it, because my water is always grey when I‘m finished (not a thick grey since I do this every year)

Once a year.
My wife's step-sister had severe allergies so her mom washed down the walls once a week, took all the carpet out of the house, and repainted every interior wall once a year.

I have the cleaning service do it once a year and pay extra (thru the nose) for it. They do it over the course of three or four visits, a few rooms at a time.

Other

I always vacuum the baseboards when vacuuming and will hit up high with the hose about every other time. This is ingrained from a combo of my stepmother’s standards and years of being a maid. Taking care of it as I’m going rather than saving it all for one time is easier for me. That said, I don’t vacuum daily, more like once a week. There are certain spots along the wall my dog likes to take up residence and when I notice they’re starting to look dingy I’ll grab a can of wipes and do the walls and baseboards. There’s no real set schedule but I do this every couple of months when it bugs me. I’ve painted everything satin so it’s pretty easy to wipe down.

I put other. When we had our dog there was a wall or two that I washed quite often. Now unless something happens to a wall (dirt or stain) I don’t wash my walls.

I clean baseboards every week
Clean return air vents monthly
Vacuum every other day
I have 2 cats and a dog - I’m drowning in pet hair - if I don’t keep up it’s like tumble weeds blowing through the house from Maine Coon cat who will shed clumps of fur the second I’m done cleaning - he’s shady
I wash walls every couple months - different rooms - and always vacuum the corners up to ceilings for any hanging dust
Never ending battle - seriously considering hiring a service to clean my house as it’s getting to much for my old butt to do
When I was a kid - my mother made us wash the walls twice a year every room in the house and I’ve made my kids do the same as they have gotten older they now understand that things get dirty (shocking )
I really don’t think it would be a big issue if I didn’t have a dog - they can be a mess maker - but oh well love having one ❤️ (Most of the time Haa haa )

I used to wash down the walls when I spring clean but now swifter the walls and baseboards every once an awhile and vacuum the corners when I clean for spider webs.

Once a year we do it, usually in the Spring. Two people in my house smoke, and the yellowish-brown residue that comes off the walls is both astonishing and disgusting. They only smoke in the kitchen at the range hood and think they're being courteous, but it still goes everywhere.

We have high ceilings in our house. Our cleaners get up on ladders and dust the corners, moldings, light fixtures and walls. They also do the baseboards and wooden shutters, amongst the regular stuff. Gosh, I love my cleaning crew.

Never. Not sure why walls would ever get dirty enough to need cleaning. I don't consider regular vacuuming of floors or baseboards to be related. Mostly you are picking up dirt/dust that has settled from the air or from regular foot traffic. With the type of water based paints now used on walls, I think you would end up rubbing off some of the paint and need to repaint the room if you did that too often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter