• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SUNDAY CHRISTMAS WEEK poll - Christmas Tree Lights

Christmas Tree Lights - What’s on your tree(s)?

• White

Votes: 47 54.0%
  • Multicolored (regular)

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Multicolored (LED)

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Red

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Fiberoptic

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Twinkle

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I don’t put up a Christmas tree

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

I voted other. We have one prelit tree, and the lights on it can be either multicolored or white. We have it on a setting to fade between them.

This is what we have too. I never put it on multicolour as a steady colour but sometimes I leave it on just white.

Our family room tree & garlands can change between the two (white & colored) so it depends on who turns it on 🤣

Our living room tree has white lights.

When I want clear lights on my tree, I prefer a yellowy, golden color, not a in your face disco white glare. Sorry, not sorry, I do not like LED Christmas lights, at all.
You want a warm white, 2700 temperature. The bright white or the day light white colors are 3,000-5,000. Our eyes are used to the 2700 warm white color of incandescent light.

Light color chart

We have one prelit tree, and the lights on it can be either multicolored or white. We have it on a setting to fade between them.
We also have a tree like that. There are several options for what you want the lights to do, I just turn it on. If DW or anyone else wants to change the pattern, they are welcome to do so.

What?! No Dining Room Tree?! You really need to elevate your Christmas Tree game!
:P

Well, I would… except, I figure, since the living room is open to the dining room, you can see the living room tree while in the dining room, so the living room tree can do double-duty. ;-)

And, it’s all kinda silly anyway… since we spend 2 weeks of December in Florida at the beach & aren’t even home!

We’re at the beach in St. Augustine right now, actually, & we have another tree (w/ white lights) for the condo.

Warm white on our front room tree.
Multicolor, LED and regular plus a strand of twinkle on our family room tree.

DD has a little mini tree with both white and multi.

Multicolored is my FAVE. In our family room, in addition to our tree, I have lighted garland on the mantle, on our TV stand under the TV and a strand of lights between the kitchen and family room... they make me happy.

We converted to LED many years ago. The first lights we got are bulbs about an inch long, and the colors are more muted than the newer LED lights. We still use those on the tree. The other LED lights we use on railings and such are totally different, and I don’t like those as well.

Our tree in town has red, green, and white small round bulbs, and the beach house has green and clear regular mini lights - trying to look oceany.

Living room - multicolor
Kitchen - 4' aqua tree w/blue lights & ocean inspired ornaments
Carolina room - 4' white tree w/white lights & UNC ornaments

All lights are steady. I don't care for flashing lights.

We have 2 trees. One in our family room and one in our living room. We put regular, steady multicolor lights on both. I like the softness of the regular ones vs the led ones.

We didn’t put our tree up this year due to vacation, but it has multicolor lights. Got the tree last year, its pre-lit and I’m thinking of changing to white lights when they stop working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter