Votes: 3 4.8%
  • It’s been bad - worse than normal

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • I don’t know - this is my first Spring where I’m living

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
My part of Maryland has still been cool. It’s been quite windy. A few overnights this week got below the freezing mark. I still have my heat on although about two weeks ago I had my a/c on.

It’s been cooler and rainier in the PNW than the last two springs. While I appreciate the rain and it’s helping delay the start of the dry/fire season, some sunshine and warmer temps would be nice. When the sun is out it does feel warm.

What Spring?
Like our two days of Fall, we've basically moved right into the next season. Low 90's today. Could be worse. "The ice broke on the Santa Cruz" last week." That's Tucson talk for the first day we hit 100. The Santa Cruz is a dry river bed. Ha ha.

Colder/longer/snowier than usual.

We are currently having our third Colorado Low in as many weekends. The previous two were dumplings of snow, but this weekend has been drowning rain.

We should be high teens by next weekend and by the end of the month we should be good to start planting. Our ground freezes to an average of 6-8 feet down every winter.

Spring was short and now the dreaded summer is here; already looking forward to winter.

Here in the middle of the state it has taken a long time for spring to set in.... I am still not sure it is going to stick :confused3 Just very recently we have been able to sit outside some on the patio and enjoy it. There seems to be a small window between too cold and too hot.

:confused3I didn’t vote because our “normal” has no baseline - here in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains anything can happen at any time and there’s no point calling it either good or bad.

We had days this past winter where a Chinook wind raised the temperatures into the mid-60’s F in January. We also had a solid week of snow storms at Easter. It’s warm during the days now, 60’s or even low 70’s, but still below freezing every night and we desperately need rain. Nothing will begin to grow without it and it may not come until mid-June. It’s also very risky to put bedding plants out until then because of the persistent overnight frost.

There is no normal to Spring. One year I'm outside in March in shorts and a t-shirt on a ladder painting exterior trim. Another year I'm shoveling 20 inches of snow.

It's been 70's out riding the motorcycle, it's been freezing rain and icy roads, it's been shoveling snow and waiting to swap out the winter tires so far this year.

Western PA. I routinely turn the furnace on in the morning, turn the AC on in the car on the way home and the AC on when I get home, then turn the furnace back on so I'm not waking up to 45° the next morning. Pretty common in western PA. I also mowed on Sunday sweating in tshirt and shorts with a motorcycle ride and ice cream after getting the chores done and turned around and shoveled the driveway to get out on Monday once this Spring.

Just got back from Charleston, SC.......I definitely want their spring weather!!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter