slo’s SUNDAY 4/24 poll - Walking On Hotel Carpet

Do you walk on hotel carpet with bare feet?

• Yes - always

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Yes - sometimes - depends on the cleanliness

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Yes - sometimes - depends on if I packed slip on shoes

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • No - never - yuck yuck yuck! 🤮

Votes: 23 19.7%
  • No - not because of it being yucky, but because I don’t walk with bare feet at home

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I honestly never thought about it - I just do whatever I want at the moment

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • I don’t stay in hotels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When you stay at a hotel, do you walk on the hotel carpet/floor, in your room, with bare feet?

For Me……Absolutely NOT :crazy2:
My DH does, but I can not and will not do it :sad2:
I have some slip on sandals that I always take with me to wear in the hotel room.

**Inspiration for this poll is us staying in a hotel room Friday night, when we traveled to watch DD18 and her HS softball team play Friday and Saturday. I always tell my DH he’s gross for walking on the carpet with bare feet and he replies with :rolleyes2 LOL!

We stayed at an upscale hotel last week. Overall very clean. When we were going to sleep, I noticed my husband‘s socks in the laundry pile- they were very dirty on the bottom. I asked “why are your socks so dirty”? His response - the carpet is dirty! 🤔😖😳

Yes I hate shoes - I wash my feet before bed and use flip flops after
Now the shower or tub I would rather wear shoes unless at Disney then most of time I feel it’s clean in shower
As for bedding - I have issues I have to overcome - I stick to sheets and bring my own blanket

I do.....it isn't going to hurt by feet. I don't put them in my mouth or anything.
But I stay in places that are pretty clean and a lot of time I wear slipper socks because my feet are cold or I just lotioned them
Yes this! I don't stay at places that skeez me out so I have never felt funny about my feet getting dirty. In fact, I prefer carpet to bare floors hands down. My feet get far nastier on a bare floor. I usually keep baby wipes by the bed in a hotel, and if my feet look or feel dirty, I wipe them before getting in the bed.

I mostly wear socks, but I do that at home, too - my feet just run cold. I will briefly walk on hotel carpet/floor in bare feet, though.

I wear flip flops in the room, I might take a few steps barefoot but it doesn't come up much.

Rarely. I usually only stay at Disney hotels, which means that my feet are a hurtin' at the end of the day so I wear memory foam slippers in the room. In the mornings when getting ready I *usually* have the slippers on, but not always. We stay at All-Star Movies, which I understand now has wood floors in the rooms. I think these are easier to keep clean so I might go barefoot more in September, our next trip.

I was strictly a "NEVER" years ago, but then somehow I got over that and I do walk on carpet now. However, if it looks particularly disgusting, I would keep socks on - purely making myself feel better. Honestly, hotels gross me out in general but I use them all the time!

No, eww, people are gross so I wipe down what I need to touch and keep everything covered. I would LOVE a Lysol or unscented Peroxide type fogger to set off in a place then air out while I'm at dinner

I always wear socks, or slippers in the winter. The only time I walk barefoot is if I need to go to the bathroom during the night. I don’t even think of taking the time to put socks on then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter