slo’s SATURDAY poll - Watching TV

Watching TV - What do you use to watch?

• Cable

Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Satellite

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Streaming Service (Netflix, Hulu & etc)

Votes: 83 78.3%
  • YouTube

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • TV apps (free)

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • TV apps (paid - like amc plus)

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Antenna

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • I don’t watch TV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t own a TV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
What do you watch when you watch TV?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..We have Directv, Hulu, Amazon Video, Netflix, Disney+, Peacock and for a month more HBO Max.

Mostly cable so I can watch something I’ve seen a thousand times Haa haa
Mainly it’s on as background while I’m doing other things currently I’m not into any shows just a few sporting events like the Olympics I just enjoyed
I will turn music on while I clean
I did try and start a new series last week but don’t really have time right now to watch consistently so it may not get very far
Can’t say when was the last time I watched a movie
I do and try and catch my favorite late night tv person monologue nightly

We just have streaming. We recently switched from Sling to Fubo, those are the only 2 that stream DH's teams.

For anyone who has Verizon Wireless, we have "free" Hulu/Disney. I put one of our cell lines on the package that offers this and we pay $10 a month more for that line.

We still have cable, which comes with a couple free streaming apps, plus we have some streaming services we pay for. I also watch YouTube a lot when I'm walking on the treadmill, but I tend to watch short videos on that, not full TV programs.

We dropped satellite for FireTV and have never looked back. We have YouTubeTV, Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix. I think we'll probably be dropping Disney+. I don't watch it as much as I thought I would, and the toddler in my house is simply not interested in it. He's into dinosaur videos and Blippi.

I really don't know what I am talking about here, but DH bought Roku TVs. We have Sling and Netflix. DD (who lives with us now) has Disney+, Hulu, and I'm not sure what else. I guess Peacock is free so we have that, too. I'm not sure that we save any money over cable (once you throw in internet and landline) and I'm not sure that I'm crazy about streaming rather than cable, but, whatever...

Mostly cable, on any given night I don't want to think too hard about what to watch. Cable with Starz, Showtime, TMC suits me just fine.

But then we watch some oddly specific sports streaming apps in the spring and summer. DH and I are avid cycling fans. So starting today actually with the Strade Bianche we'll be watching a lot of GCN+ and FloBikes. And in theory, if Comcast/NBC/Universal gets their act together, Peacock should have the big/famous races that maybe you've heard of Tour de France, Veulta Espana, Paris-Roubaix.

Edit: I have to admit that we have Disney+ free through my cell phone package. Only the kids watch it. And I do subscribe to Netflix for 1 month per year to watch Bridgerton and then promptly cancel it. (I read a shocking amount of Regency Romance. And I read all the Julia Quinn books years ago. It's an okay adaptation I guess, but that's another story.)

Last edited:
We have Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime

During big sports months (like March Madness and The Masters) coming up, I’ll pay for a month of YouTubeTV

No cable. Recently dropped Netflix due to another pice increase. DH dropped NFL pass due to free YouTubers commenting on the game live and/or can listen to you the game free on radio.

We have HBO/Max, Disney+. Vudu for movies we own. Samsung TVs which offers Samsung+ TV to stream for free.

Cable for 99+% viewing. We have Amazon Prime, because Prime member and Disney+, in case I want to watch something there, but rarely do. My daughter's on that with me, I think the kids watch it some. I watch no current series type programming, haven't in I don't know how long. If I watch, it's news, sports, educational stuff. History Channel still has some good programming. Smithsonian is good.

Cable that includes HBO and Crave (like your Hulu) and on-demand movies. Streaming services including Prime, Apple+, Disney+ and a bunch of different channels/apps through our Firestick like Sundance TV, BBC Canada, and a few others.

We were DirecTV customers for around 20 years, AT&T bought it and it went downhill. We dropped them and went to Hulu. We are saving over $100 each month and still get all the channels we enjoy. We also have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Dropped cable last year when they replaced the broken box with another broken box. Bought a 4K Fire TV and now use YouTube TV (just like cable with an unlimited DVR and no equipment to break, and it's cheaper). Also Disney+, Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, and HBO Max. And I'm paying a few dollars a month for a small Frndly TV package until YouTube TV adds The Weather Channel later this year (I HAVE to see where Jim Cantore is when a hurricane rolls through!). With all of that, we're still saving money over the previous cable package.

Apple TV, Hulu, Prime, Netflix, Disney+ (might get rid of soon) and HBO Max. Kicked cable out a long time ago.

We have DirecTV, HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Discovery+ and Shudder. We added Peacock temporarily and haven't cancelled it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter