• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SATURDAY 8/20 poll - Margaritas

Margaritas - Do you drink them? On the rocks or frozen? Salt or Sugar? (M.C.)

• Yes - I drink them

Votes: 63 57.3%
  • No - I don’t drink them

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • Yes & No - I’d like to drink them, but never do

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • On the rocks

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Frozen

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • On the rocks & Frozen (depends on my mood)

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Salt

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • Sugar

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Salt & Sugar (depends on my mood)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Who likes a flavorful Margarita?
If you drink them, do you like them on the rocks or frozen?
Do you like them with salt or sugar?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I love love love Margaritas! :love:
They always have to be frozen and with sugar on the rim.
DH and I went out for Margaritas last night after we took our DD19 to college for her freshman year.
As we always do….we did a toast and last night it was for our daughter, because we are so darn proud of her - we love you @piglet1805 ❤️
B5851081-CD79-421E-8655-7AA1FB0B1B61.jpeg

I just do not do actual margaritas... I do remember back in the day drinking the margarita flavored wine coolers though. Good old Bartles & Jaymes margarita flavored wine coolers. :drinking1That takes me back to the good old days, I wonder if they still make those.

I like margaritas on the rocks with salt, but they give me heartburn, so I don’t drink them often. It’s my Dad’s favorite drink and he will order one or two if we’re out for a birthday dinner.

How nice to celebrate your daughter @slo . I’m sure it was an emotional day - at least it was for me when we moved our daughter to college freshman year.

Oh Heck Yes !! I’d say something else but don’t want to be kicked off the DIS!! One of my favorite drinks - I purchased a margarita maker I love them so much - tequila is my liquor of choice / used to be rum ( it’s now my 2nd) but I’ve found so many good drinks you can make with tequila
My favorite margarita - Coffee !! OMG heaven - used to serve it at EPCOT but they stopped several years ago - took me a few years but I’ve managed to replicate the recipe 😎😎😎👍👍👍 so I can make them at home - omg they have a little bit of everything in them - then to my horror they quit making the specific tequila I needed to make them 😡😡😡
It’s hard to find coffee flavored tequila - the struggle is real !! I found two contenders I’m going to try but I’m not very hopeful as Petron was the best in that department ( ymmv)

Slo - those margaritas look yummy !! I hope you were able to enjoy your dinner !!!
I know your not going to be sitting around as your a busy person - it will help with your empty house - work on your trip - it’s going to be amazing !!! ❤️😎😎😎
127 days until Christmas - start decking your halls 🤣🤣🤣
Big hugs to you - it’s a huge change ❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Love
Reactions: slo
I no longer drink any alcohol. When I did a spicy one with salt and jalapeños or habenero was what I liked.

There are margaritas in a can like the old Bartels and James. Several companies are making them.

My brother is a beer salesman and brought samples over for a crawfish boil. We remarked that it was a throw back to Bartels and James days. The one we tried was from a local craft beer brewery.

I have a couple of watermelon flavored in a can in my fridge to try.

I can't remember the last time I had one, and when I think of them, I'd never think of a fruity drink, just the regular lime juice kind. If I were to order one, it would definitely be frozen with a sugar rim.

On the rocks, salt (never heard of sugar), not from a mix. A local bar restaurant has them as a happy hour special on taco Thursday’s fir $7.

It’s been awhile since I had a real one. I made fake-a-ritas for Cinco de Mayo this year. Lime Aid with tequila. No rimming. Did both blended and on the rocks, over the following days until the lime aid was gone. Took another few months to finish off the tequila, as I’m not a huge fan of it.

I love margaritas, though only on the rocks with salt. I do not like frozen margaritas or any frozen cocktails for that matter. I make them at home occasionally (with Hornitos tequila), mostly when my family does take out at a local Mexican place.

Straight Up with salt. Only have them when we go out for Mexican food. Once I ordered a margarita straight up and they brought me a huge glass of cold, straight tequila. I informed them that their “bartender” was probably costing them a fortune. 🤣

My favorite is a regular margarita not made from a mix, with salt on the rim. But I like frozen with sugar, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter