• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY poll - Christmas Cookies, Candies and Desserts

Christmas Sweets - How many do you have? (Multiple choice)

• An over abundance

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • A comfortable amount

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Not much

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Barely

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • We have candy

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • We have Christmas Cookies

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • We have Christmas cakes, pies or something else

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No sweets, but we have to many snack items - like cheese & crackers

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Only three of us here for Christmas Dinner. My wife and daughter wanted Key Lime Pie, but both insisted that we had to have a Pumpkin Pie for me. As of this morning half of each of those is left, and yes they are great for breakfast. My wife is known for her baking and we used to go through 50 pounds of flour and 50 pounds of sugar for the cookies and candy she and I took to work. As this is our first Christmas in retirement, we only went through 10 pounds of flour and sugar, and cookies went in to work with my daughter......which is the same place I used to work.
It will months to work through the food gifts I got. My wife and daughter went crazy with items from nuts.com. Macadamia nuts, cashews, pistachios, dried fruit, chocolate covered cherries.

We have sooo much candy. My aunt hangs stocking for her seven kids, their spouses, their children, and the great-grandchildren. Plus me. I think it's something like 37 stockings but I could be low in my estimate. It takes up one entire wall of the basement. Each stocking gets filled with candy; the good stuff, not that cheap chocolate. We were ill this year and cancelled the Christmas Eve get-together so we are stuck with mountains of candy. I love candy too much. I'm trying to stay away from it. I'm failing.

We were traveling 12/18-12/25 and now I have covid, so no baking was done beforehand, and obviously the "Christmas dinner" we'd planned for the 26th didn't happen. However, there is some candy... A bag of mint m&ms, a bag of mini mint KitKats, a bag of Hershey's miniatures, and the 1lb box of chocolates that I gave DH before we left for the holidays. We'll definitely keep the m&ms and the chocolates, but the small wrapped stuff might go to the chem department for the grad students who are stuck here over the holidays.
Hope you are feeling better Leebee!!

How many Christmas sweets do you have laying around your house?
An over abundance or not much?
What do you have?
Not an over abundance, but certainly a bunch.

Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
shortbread cookies
sugar cookies
gingerbread cookies
Peeps trees
cherry cordials
Hershey's candy cane kisses

Should hold us for a week or so.......

I am obligated every year to make a quadruple batch of my sugar cookies. We gave a few away, but still have a gallon-size Ziplock stuffed full of them. DS's girlfriend came over on Christmas and brought a dozen cookies that she made, plus a tin of peppermint bark, fudge and toffee. I made two cakes for Christmas dessert and about 2/3 of each were leftover. Then there's the assorted candy that came in stockings and as gifts. I cut up the leftover cake and froze most of it. The cookies will slowly disappear (they always do!).

We haven’t celebrated yet due to work schedules, but the only goodies in the house are candy in the stockings and a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake in the freezer. We didn’t bake this year, so no cookies.

We have too many goodies hanging around. I've already started throwing some stuff out because there's just too much of it and we won't eat it all.

Not much. One son-in-law made pecan rolls for Christmas breakfast, and with both daughters and families still here we finished those up the next morning. Older daughter made two kinds of cookies and a batch of fudge, those were gone by last night as were the two pies from Christmas dinner. I've got about a 1/3 bag each of mint M&Ms and chocolate stars left.

We are going through all the leftovers-- desserts and non desserts today and tomorrow.

What's left, will go out in Wednesday's garbage.

Next week, starts healthy eating.

Yips lots of my baking left.
May freeze some it so it doesn’t go to waste.
Brownies and cookies will freeze fine.

We have too much of it around the house... my step-daughter has accumulated an abundance of cookies from somewhere, DH has brought home cookies, candy and stuff like that. There is candy, chocolates and stuff too. I accumulated various types of candy at work. I brought it all home and put it on the coffee table and told them it was a free for all.

I am happy to report that despite all the goodies surrounding me, I have been good and I have not eaten any of them.

I have some See's candy left and every piece will be eaten. It's too good to waste. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter