slo’s MONDAY 8/22 poll - Hummingbirds

Hummingbirds - How often do you see them by your home?

• Every day

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • All the time, but not every day

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Once in awhile

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Never

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • I’ve never seen a hummingbird anywhere

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • What is a hummingbird?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
We see them every day because they love some of our flowers. In the fall, DH puts out a feeder. It's his project, and he makes new food for it every couple of weeks, so they come in the winter, too.

I see them occasionally at my flowers... but I haven't seen any this year. We do not put out a feeder, but our (old) neighbors did. We have new neighbors now, without a feeder. I may have been benefitting from my neighbors' feeder.

We used to have a feeder. It wasn't much work but it drew more ants than hummingbirds.
And we used to have feeders with seed for the other birds, but those went away the day we saw a rat hanging upside down from the feeder IN A TREE chowing down.

We see them everyday. I love watching them. I have a feeder on the back deck and they fuss and fight over it. When I walk out to the garden, I usually have one out there flying around me. If the feeder is empty, I'll even have them hover at the back sliding glass door to let me know. They're such fun little creatures. :)

Hummingbirds are in our backyard every day, feeding on a lot of different plants. We are in Southern California, so I guess they are common here. For years I've been trying to see where they nest, because I heard they have tiny cute nests, but no luck. I have no idea where they go home at night,

I planted trees, shrubs, and other plants in my front and backyard to attract hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees. I see them everyday.

06E8E11E-B842-4222-809B-59B9E20862C8.jpeg
Got another snapshot this morning. I wish the light were better when I tend to catch them (while out with the cat early in the morning) but it's still fun to try and get pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter