• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY 8/21 poll - Eating Pizza

Pizza - How do you eat your pizza? (m.c.)

• Fork - always

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Fork and Knife - always

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Pick Up - always

Votes: 62 46.3%
  • Fork - sometimes

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • Fork and Knife - sometimes

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Pick Up - sometimes

Votes: 45 33.6%
  • None of the above - I don’t eat pizza

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
I pick it up probably 98% of the time. Use a fork and knife only if it’s a specialty pizza with a bulky topping like chicken marsala.

Like you, I’m a New Yorker and will sometimes fold. If you order by the slice at a pizzeria, it’s often too wide to handle without making a mess, and folding is necessary (or you have to use two hands). Because the pie they make to sell as individual slices is larger than the one you get if you order a full pie for takeout. (Anyone from the NYC area knows what I’m talking about.)
Here in NJ we call that a slice pie. At our oldest pizzeria (60+ years) you can order a slice pie (H likes them, I prefer regular).

I pick it up but a lot of times I use a fork to scrape off half the toppings eat it with a fork and then eat the rest of it picked up drives my family nuts but that’s how I like to eat my pizza
If it’s deep dish always with a fork specially the Chicago style
If it’s extremely thin and crispy almost exclusively picked up
If it’s somewhere in between toppings scraped off ate with a fork rest of it picked up
I never cut it with a knife and eat it that way the only time I use a knife would be to finish slicing it apart
Just letting you know you are not alone. DW eats her pizza this way. I love her anyway.

But yes, you are both nuts.

Wow took a wile for someone to react to that - lol

As the say "when you screw up a recipe serve it anyway it just call it Chicago style"

All kidding aside I randomly get "My Pi" shipped to me.
I also order Vienna beef hot dogs by the case - so its all in good fun.
If there was still a Debate Board on The DIS we could debate that comment :lmao:

Both. The first piece at a eat-in place is always too darn hot so I will use utensils. By the 2nd piece, I usually can pick it up. My oldest son's birthday is tomorrow - barely. I was in labor all day on 8/21 but he was born at 1:22am on 8/22.

Because the pie they make to sell as individual slices is larger than the one you get if you order a full pie for takeout. (Anyone from the NYC area knows what I’m talking about.)

Our boss got us pizza for lunch at work today. This is one of the monster size slices. The paper plate is a regular size. The pizza slice takes up 90% of the plate and is flopping off the front edge. You can kind of see a crease from the lighting, about 2-inches in down the left side, which kind of outlines where a "regular" size slice would have been on the right.

20230821_184119.jpg

Our boss got us pizza for lunch at work today. This is one of the monster size slices. The paper plate is a regular size. The pizza slice takes up 90% of the plate and is flopping off the front edge. You can kind of see a crease from the lighting, about 2-inches in down the left side, which kind of outlines where a "regular" size slice would have been on the right.

View attachment 787129
That’s a good-looking slice.

I typically pick it up. Never tried using a knife and fork, but I would if the pizza were deep and gushy with cheese.

Majority of the time I see others holding their slice too, Ninja turtles have sais and swords, but they tend to hold their slices instead of cutting them (I'm inclusive to amphibious mutants on this topic).

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld where that one guy eats his candy bar with a knife and fork.

If it's really hot or messy, I'll use a fork and knife. Otherwise I pick up.

We generally order plain pies so it’s pick fold and eat.
At work I might get a specialty slice for lunch like penne a la
Vodka and then a knife and fork for most of it and then pick up and eat

Sometimes I'm doing low carb but pizza is the only thing to eat so I use a fork to pick off the toppings. I've also used a knife and fork for deep dish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter