• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY 6/5 poll - Flight Times

Flight Times - What do you prefer?

• Very Early Morning - before 6:00am

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Early Morning - 6:01am - 9:00am

Votes: 46 45.5%
  • Later Morning - 9:01am - 11:59am

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Early afternoon - Noon - 3:00pm

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Later afternoon - 3:01pm - 6:00pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Early Evening - 6:01pm - 8:00pm

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mid Evening - 8:01pm - 10:00pm

• Late Evening - 10:01pm - Midnight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above - I don’t fly

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
When you fly, and you have the option to fly at any time, what time of day do you prefer to fly? ✈️

*This is my only poll this week due to me and my DD19 going to WDW tomorrow :earsgirl::earsgirl:.
I’ll say hello to Mickey ::MickeyMo for all of you. We’re also hoping to see Josh & Jenna from Resort TV1, and if we do, I’ll say hello to you all. Have a good week friends! :wave:

For Me……Always early morning - our flight tomorrow is at 5:20am.
We like having a full day once we land. We will be eating breakfast at The Poly tomorrow, and we’ll be eating breakfast there the day we leave too - we love it there. Sadly, we don’t stay there anymore - the price now has become to much for us, but that’s ok, we can still enjoy it by visiting there. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first time - I’m excited to try somewhere new.

Thanks again to those that have given us their well wishes ❤️:goodvibes

FC9A73D8-9E96-497E-BC10-85D46499CE9B.png

We like to take the first flight out when flying to WDW, which is usually slightly before 6am. The plane is usually parked at the gate overnight (Midway airport) which makes it likely to leave on time. Then we usually go to Epcot first and hang around there until our room is ready. :)

We used to the 6 am, get in a half day at the parks plan. Now it’s mid afternoon, pick up dinner at Publix, settle in the room and be ready for the next day.

we also have to consider our son In timing. Last few trips he drives us to airport. Sometimes weekends are hard for him. He coaches both of his boys sports teams. We try to schedule around that. Doesn’t always work though.

When you fly, and you have the option to fly at any time, what time of day do you prefer to fly? ✈️

*This is my only poll this week due to me and my DD19 going to WDW tomorrow :earsgirl::earsgirl:.
I’ll say hello to Mickey ::MickeyMo for all of you. We’re also hoping to see Josh & Jenna from Resort TV1, and if we do, I’ll say hello to you all. Have a good week friends! :wave:

For Me……Always early morning - our flight tomorrow is at 5:20am.
We like having a full day once we land. We will be eating breakfast at The Poly tomorrow, and we’ll be eating breakfast there the day we leave too - we love it there. Sadly, we don’t stay there anymore - the price now has become to much for us, but that’s ok, we can still enjoy it by visiting there. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first time - I’m excited to try somewhere new.

Thanks again to those that have given us their well wishes ❤️:goodvibes

View attachment 765347
I love the Poly as well -fortunate to be a DVC owner so the impact of pricing doesn't hurt as bad. Have you looked into renting DVC points? Makes a stay there much more economical!

I'll pick early morning, 6-9, for my flight going to a vacation. I prefer late afternoon, early evening for returning home. Basically a decent day at location both days, though not a full day.

Wishing a super WDW trip for you and Katie, Sandy. Pictures while there or when you return. Enjoy your Tonga Toast and beignets. :beach: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

See you again next week.

It depends on where I'm going. For WDW I like an early morning flight so we can get in some decent park time. Flying to Europe I like a late night flight to arrive late morning/early afternoon. If you get in too early you probably won't be able to get into your hotel room for a while and sitting around when you just want to shower and take a nap isn't fun.

For domestic vacation travel always prefer mid-morning non-stop flights. From a practical standpoint you get up, eat breakfast and drive to the airport + wait time for flight. Getting up at 2-3 am isn't my idea of how to start a vacation and even if you arrive earlier you will probably be exhausted by the time you get to your destination. Also prefer to check-in at the hotel upon arrival so you can unpack in your room before heading off to do whatever. Have lived in various cities and sometimes was near a hub airport for a major airline and other times not. Sometimes you have to make trade-offs on price/non-stop/convenience if the exact times you prefer aren't offered from the airports convenient to where you live. Work with some people who stay overnight at an airport hotel when departing on vacation so they can catch an earlier flight. Perhaps that extra cost works for some depending on where you are going.

Also prefer return flights on either Friday or Saturday mid-morning. Same routine since you get up, pack, eat breakfast, check-out then drive to the airport. Even if there are travel delays, you are still home on Sunday with time to relax, unpack or do the laundry before heading back to work on Monday. Racing home on Sunday isn't my preference.

Last edited:
Someone ( I mean with computer skills). Has to set up daily polls.

1- how much syrup will SLO will use on tonga toast. None, 1 tsp, 2 tsp, drown I, what’s Tonga toast

2- the number of times SLO thinks bad thought about disney’s Wi-Fi . None, 100 times, 500 times, to infinity and beyond.

just kidding, just saying you’ll be missed. Have a wonderful trip.

Later morning (9:00 - 11:00’ish), always, if it’s an option. The most stressful part of travel for us is the two hours between getting out of bed and sitting at the gate waiting to board the plane. No need to exacerbate it by trying to get everyone up and going in the ungodly wee hours.

We normally would do early because if we are flying we are cramming a trip into a short school break and are maximizing time. We’ve only done that a handful of times over the years.

Slo—I hope you have an amazing trip and make many happy memories with your daughter!

Whatever is booked for us. The only flying I do is for an annual work conference. Flights are booked for us. Usually afternoon (between 1-3) there and evening back (between 7-9).

We try to travel a day or two before the vacation starts.

That means we can cross our fingers and hope to get bumped or volunteer to be bumped.

Since one of the ways you can help your odds of being bumped is to show up early, that means we avoid early morning flights. I believe the earlier in the day the less likely there are flight delays, so less likely to be bumped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter