• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY 4/22 poll - Disney Parks Dining 🍽️

Disney Parks Dining - What do you do & Which one is most important? (m.c.)

• Quick Service

Votes: 73 76.8%
  • Table Service

Votes: 76 80.0%
  • Signature

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Character

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Quick Service is #1

• Table Service is #1

• Character is #1

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Signature is #1

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • None of the above - I take my own food or I eat Disney Parks Snacks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
We usually do 2-3 table service (maybe character) during a week long trip but mostly quick service.

IMHO, quick service in the parks have really improved. Last time I went all week without eating the same thing twice AND without getting a hamburger anywhere.

In the parks it is mainly a mix of quick and table service, and quick holds the edge. As others have said, older kids means less character dining.

We also make meals at the resort, so even non-park days doesn’t necessarily mean a table service meal.

Looking online at the list of signature restaurants, most are not in the parks. Of those listed, I have only been to Brown Derby, and that was quite a few years ago.

We have done Quick, Table , Deluxe & Character Deluxe has been at a Resort or Disney Springs. It depends on our plans. Most of our Quick service meals have been at our resort or Disney Springs other than Columbia Harbor House. If eating in a Park we have done lunch at a Table service and Character at breakfast. Have had too many mediocre dinners in the Parks. Since we're no longer all day Park people, it works for us to eat dinner at Disney Springs or a resort.

We haven't been to the parks since 2017, and don't know when we'll be back. Though we always had 1TS, 1QS per day (and usually breakfast in the room) in the past, I think if we find ourselves at the parks again it would be more QS, snacking, and items we carry in a backpack. The TS is a lot of time to spend at a meal, and limits our flexibility. The kids (teens) are also picky enough that it limits our TS choices quite a bit. I think we'd probably have a couple of them over the course of a several day trip, but not one every day.

Not a fan of Disney dinning at all - as I have said many times it went down hill about a year after they introduced the DDP. Basically the restaurants still had to be profitable in the small amount of money they got from the DDP so prices went up for those not on the DDP and the quality dropped.

I pretty much stick to the quick service stuff, which has improved from where it was 7 or 8 years ago when they tried to make things "healthy". There were a few years where the buns at Casey's and everywhere else were the cheapest healthy buns they could get...they were so bad people brought their own buns. Offer the healthy buns for those that want them, but the rest of us are on vacation so stop it already.

Other than quick service I tend to stick to appetizers at the bar, they are usually OK.

I usually focus on quick service for most meals and signature dining about every other day. The signature meals are definitely my favorites and usually worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter