slo’s MONDAY 2/12 poll - Usher’s Halftime Show

Ushers Halftime Show - Rate how you liked it.

• 1 - it was awful - I hated every minute of it

Votes: 10 7.2%

Votes: 15 10.8%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 20 14.4%

Votes: 12 8.6%

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • 8 - it was awesome - I loved every minute of it

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I didn’t see it

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
So…..what did you all think of Usher’s halftime show yesterday?

Rate the show from 1-8
1 - being awful
8 - being awesome

For Me…..I really looked forward to this halftime show - I like many of Usher’s songs, I gotta say though, I wasn’t loving the show, but I didn’t hate it either. I‘m giving it a 4. The second he took off his shirt, I was instantly annoyed. I yelled out - put on a shirt. Truth be told - I say this in the car when I drive past a guy running with his shirt off. If he wants to be shirtless at his own concerts - fine, but not at The Super Bpwl - IMO. I was hoping to see Pitbull or Justin Bieber last night, since Usher did music with both of them, but this did not affect my rating. The roller skates were cool, but other parts were not. After watching Usher on stage, I now know that I’ll stick to his music on the radio and have no need to see his concerts.

I gave him a 5. I knew of him, but wasn’t really familiar with his music. To be honest, I watched half heartedly while talking to my dad and my husband and scrolling on my phone. I also liked the roller skating, but don’t even recall him taking off his shirt.

I like Usher but I did not care for the halftime show I liked him with Alicia Keys
He put on a heck of a show he put himself out there and gave it to his all but it’s just was not entertaining for me from everything I’ve read it seems to be a 50-50 split on whether people liked it or not
I agree if you wanna take your shirt off it concerts go for it but this is a bigger higher venue and I thought it was a bit tasteless You can call Me old-fashioned but I just don’t care to see women hanging and swinging off of polls I don’t like the message that it says for all the young girls that were watching the game and they’re probably were a bunch since Taylor Swift was in the house just my opinion YMMV

I wasn't too impressed with the show. I thought that it was pointless for him to take off his shirt. It felt like he was trying to copy some of the female singers from prior shows rather than bring something more unique to him.

The only entertainers I'd even heard of before were Usher and Keys, and I'd never heard any of the music before, so I rated it a 5. I thought mostly it was fine. I wish the pole swingers had worn more obvious costumes rather than flesh-colored unitards- they looked pretty naked out there- but pole dancing doesn't bother me as much as it used to. You need to be pretty athletic to accomplish that kind of thing; it's not just gyrating and being offensively suggestive anymore IMO. Anyhow, it was fine but not anything I paid very much attention to, as I didn't know any of the music or the entertainers.

Reactions: GAN
I gave it a 2. He has some good songs, but I honestly think Usher is Usher’s biggest fan which is an immediate turnoff for me. So maybe I’m biased.😁

And I personally think they should just have Chris Stapleton sing the National Anthem at every Super Bowl. Reba didn’t impress me.

Don’t you love how I am a harsh arm chair critic?😁. I can’t even carry a tune!

I thought the halftime show was boring. The highlight was a friend point out that usher’s white shirt look like it was bought at Ann Taylor. I was expecting more for sure, esp. with how hard he’s been hyping it.

Parts were good but overall it was a mishmash of various elements that just didn’t gel.
Totally agree. He seriously underwhelmed me -didn't sound great, songs were ok, had it not been for the other performers it would have been awful. Clearly he can't hold the stage alone in that setting. Although, I've seen A LOT of positive feedback from people who loved it. So who knows ...maybe I'm just missing something. Just my opinion, but .... Better than Prince? No. Better than U2? No. Better than Eminem/Dre/Snoop? Nope. Shakira/J. Lo, Timberlake, Gaga, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Madonna? Uh no. Better than Springsteen? No way. I've got to believe the people saying it was the best halftime show ever, just watched their first.

Totally agree. He seriously underwhelmed me -didn't sound great, songs were ok, had it not been for the other performers it would have been awful. Clearly he can't hold the stage alone in that setting. Although, I've seen A LOT of positive feedback from people who loved it. So who knows ...maybe I'm just missing something. Just my opinion, but .... Better than Prince? No. Better than U2? No. Better than Eminem/Dre/Snoop? Nope. Shakira/J. Lo, Timberlake, Gaga, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Madonna? Uh no. Better than Springsteen? No way. I've got to believe the people saying it was the best halftime show ever, just watched their first.
It definitely wasn’t memorable. In a few years, we won’t even remember he performed. He won’t either. Lol.

It was okay. I thought the beginning of the performance was very boring but when the roller skating started the show started picking up a lot more. I enjoyed from that point on. I don't think all the extra singers he had make an appearance were needed, they only sang about 2 lines of one of their songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter