• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY New Years Eve poll - Your NYE Beverage

Your New Years Eve Beverage Tonight (multiple choice)

• Beer

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Vodka

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Martini

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Margarita

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mixed Drink

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Soda

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Water

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Champagne

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 26 34.7%

• Total voters
We've had a bottle of Asti in the refrigerator for a few years now, supposed to pop the cork back whenever. Never up late enough. Maybe this year, if we are awake, we'll each have a glass, dump the rest.

Probably a glass of water with dinner, and then nothing else before an early night. New Years is just a reminder of how fast time passes, and I don’t celebrate it.

We will toast the coming year with champagne. I'll have my one glass. DD is expecting, so just a sip and clink of the glass for her. DH and DSIL will also have white wine with dinner.

Water and Other-tea. I plan a nice hot cup of tea before bed, which will be at an hour sometime before midnight. Not that I will be sleeping; I just want to be alone with my thoughts and feelings. I don't feel like going downstairs and clinking a glass of cheap champagne hollering "Happy New Year!" over a year that stunk and a coming year that will probably be just as bad. I am feeling curmudgeonly today.

Get off my lawn.

As a West Coaster I can watch the East Coast feed of New Year's Eve at 9 pm, and be in bed by 9:05 pm. But I may get up at midnight to get a drink of water.

You’ve mentioned this before. How do you do this?
CNN only has one channel in the U.S., it is on east coast time. They will be celebrating the ball drop in Time's Square at Midnight Eastern Time which is 9 pm Pacific time where I live.

CNN only has one channel in the U.S., it is on east coast time. They will be celebrating the ball drop in Time's Square at Midnight Eastern Time which is 9 pm Pacific time where I live.
Gotcha. You made it sound like you had access to east coast feeds of broadcast tv stations.

It's been requested that I make another batch of eggnog, so I guess I'll have some of that.

Wine and non alcoholic apple cider.

I expect to drink Riunite Lambrusco 😜 and Banfi Rosa Regale until the ball drops. Then some prosecco at midnight instead of champagne.

The kids get some apple cider.

Gotcha. You made it sound like you had access to east coast feeds of broadcast tv stations.
I came very close to buying one of those huge satellite dishes for my back yard in the early 1980's. I had friends who did and they had access......in those days....to both east and west coast network feeds.

We always keep a few bottles sparkling wine on hand but none to drink this holiday. DGD forgot to bring the house keys with her so is buying me a bottle of Martinelli’s instead. I suspect she’s confusing me for my mother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter