• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 8/26 poll - Popsicles

Popsicles - Do you buy them for yourself and how often? (M.C.)

• I DO buy them for myself

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • I DO NOT buy them for myself

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • I buy them all the time throughout the year

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • I buy them sometimes throughout the year

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • I buy them a lot only during warm weather months

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I buy them sometimes only during warm weather months

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • I buy them rarely

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • I’ve never bought myself popsicles

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
So no leisurely strolls outside with a nice cold popsicle in January? :cold:
No leisurely strolls of any kind at -30C and there’s no time to eat a popsicle in the 30 seconds it takes to run from the office doorway to one’s pre-heated car. ;)

I occasionally buy one of the fruit bars when I am at Disney in hot weather, but that’s it. When I was a child, mom made homemade popsicles, and although the flavor was good, they were hard as a rock. I never really developed a taste for them as a result.

I have been buying Outshine Bars more lately. My husband likes a sweet treat and he is also trying to lose weight so these are a great option.

Tiny little freezer on a 17/18 cu. ft. fridge, I don't have room to waste on popsicles.

Someone else mentioned it, fudgsicles would be my preference over popsicles, but when I do buy something, it's always going to be whatever store brand ice cream sandwiches.

I buy them every once in awhile. I like them but I like ice cream more so I buy ice cream since I can't have both, too much sugar even though I buy no sugar added ice cream.

When you say "popsicle" I think of the fruit ones. That's rare.

But "fudgsicle"? We have a running box in our freezer all the time.

I don't really care for them. They drip everywhere, and I get goosebumps thinking about the sound and feel of biting into them. Bought them when elementary classes needed them for a treat. I'll get them every once in awhile when someone is sick in the house. Kids will eat them then but not so much at other times. When they do eat them, they usually lick them a few times and then let them melt in a cup and drink the melted popsicle juice. I should clean them out of my freezer, I've had some there for several years too.

We would buy them once in while when our kids were little, but since they are 31 and 35 now, it has been a long time.
We bought the Dole fruit bars.

No, I don’t buy regular popsicles and haven’t had one in a long time. Once in awhile, I’ll get Froz Fruit bars or sugar-free Fudgesicles.

We had those plastic tube things also.
Oh yes, I think those are called freezer pops, but DS called them squeezie pops.

I used have them a lot when I was a kid. If I did not have 10¢ for a popsicle, I could get a Fudgesicle for 7¢.
That’s funny, as a kid we had a Good Humor truck in the neighborhood and would often get a single ice pop called a Whammy Stick (they also had the twin pops with 2 sticks). Whammy Sticks were the cheapest item at 5 cents; everything else was at least 10 cents.

No, I don’t buy regular popsicles and haven’t had one in a long time. Once in awhile, I’ll get Froz Fruit bars or sugar-free Fudgesicles.

Oh yes, I think those are called freezer pops, but DS called them squeezie pops.

That’s funny, as a kid we had a Good Humor truck in the neighborhood and would often get a single ice pop called a Whammy Stick (they also had the twin pops with 2 sticks). Whammy Sticks were the cheapest item at 5 cents; everything else was at least 10 cents.
The Good Humor truck was top o the line. Everything was at least a nickel more than the corner grocery where we got our almost daily treats. An ice cream bar at the grocery was 10¢, Good Humor was 15¢.

When I think back, we sure did eat badly back then, but I guess we worked it off also with all our outside play.

I know exactly when I bought the last box of popsicles - December 14, 2021. I was getting over COVID and dh was just starting up. They did feel great on our sore throats. We probably had half a dozen and then threw the rest out.

I used to love those cheapie banana-flavored ones but I cannot find those anywhere.

I don't buy myself popsicles or buy them at all. Nobody in my family, including me, likes them. When I was little we ate Otter Pops a lot. I remember they were only 15 cents at the corner store. I used to let mine melt and then open the plastic at the corner and drink the flavored sugar water. It's a wonder my teeth are still in fairly good shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter