slo’s FRIDAY 4/19 poll - Green Olives vs Black Olives

Green Olives vs Black Olives - Which ones do you like?

• I love olives ❤️

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • I like olives 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • I’m indifferent about olives 😐

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I do not like olives 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • I like black olives

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • I like green olives (unstuffed)

Votes: 50 41.0%
  • I like green olives with pimientos or stuffed with something else

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • I buy them fresh

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I buy them canned or jarred

Votes: 67 54.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Olives….there’s green ones & black ones. A couple grocery stores by me have an area where you can self serve your olives (would that be considered an olive bar?), and there’s many to choose from. They’re pretty expensive, so my DH only gets olives from there once in awhile as a treat. So…how about you?

Do you like green olives, black olives or both?
Do you buy them fresh or canned/ jarred?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I am not a fan of olives :sad2: 👎🏻. I’ve tried to like them, but I just can’t do it :sad2:. My DH likes olives a lot, especially green olives stuffed with pimientos. I buy him jarred mostly unless he treats himself to the fresh ones.

IMG_1655.jpeg

I am a big fan of olives - I usually by them in a mixed 5lb bag which works out to around $6 a pound.

Basically whole pitted Greek olives marinated with garlic and pepperoncini peppers. The mix is Kalamata, green, black olives

I also sometimes stuff the green ones with anchovies or blue cheese and use them in martini's.

I do prefer the green ones for the most part - but I really like the black Portuguese ones, but they are not easy to get and they are not cheap.

I also prefer them pitted.

Like both black and green, buy the black ones sliced in cans, and the green ones in jars.

I'm not a huge fan of olives. If there is a dish that has them in it, I will eat them, but I won't go out of my way to buy them.

Love black olives. To eat, salads, cooking.
Green are okay, but not my favorite, but DH loves them, plain or stuffed with anything.
I only use Kalamata in recipes, cooked or salads

Love, love, love olives! All of them! I have only bought them in jars, but my grocery store does have an olive bar so I probably should give those a try too! I snack on olives often, right out of the jar. Yummy!

I like black olives. I find the green ones with or without the pimento to salty. I really like them in a salad but will occasionally just eat them alone. I get both fresh and canned but definitely prefer the fresh ones. There is a little Greek market in my town that has them and if I get fresh then I get them there.

I love olives, I get green grilled ones from the farmers market. I always have calamata and Castelvetrano olives (jarred, never canned) in the fridge, but there are dozens of types and I love them all (except canned).

I'm not a fan of olives. I've eaten some green ones in Spain when given as a tapa, but I would never choose to eat them otherwise. The black ones are really gross.

One of my most favorite foods! I will eat them any way I can get them - I typically have my Norwegian crispbread with some kind of dairy spread on it and then sliced olives. At least a few times a week this is my brunch.

I like them! The pimento stuffed green ones are standard relish tray fare from my childhood. Black ones are for salad or popping straight out of the can. I prefer the canned ones; they’re mild and buttery as compared to the fresh brined ones which are sharper and usually haven’t been pitted.

Niçoise, Kalamata, Castelvetrano, Sicilian, picoline….the list goes on and on so just bring ‘em on.
They can be from the olive bar or jarred in salt/oil preserved but never ever water. And I adore the large ones stuffed with a garlic clove. Slurpy yum yum.

Hard to find canned olives with any taste at least in my neck of the woods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter