slo’s FRIDAY 1/12 poll - Your Credit Cards

Which BIG 4 credit cards are in your wallet? (m.c.)

• Visa

Votes: 77 88.5%
  • Mastercard

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • American Express

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • Discover

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I use Visa most

Votes: 39 44.8%
  • I use MC most

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • I use Discover most

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I use AMEX most

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • I don’t use these credit cards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Credit Cards…..we all use them - we don’t have much choice in many places. Today we’re only talking about the big 4 credit cards - Visa, MC, AMEX & Discover. Let us know - what’s in your wallet?

Out of the big 4 - which credit cards do you use?
Which one is used most?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I have all 4, but don’t use or carry all 4. I use my Southwest Visa 100% of the time for every day life (gotta love those free flights), Discover when on vacation (I like having travel expenses only on one statement. I’m also accumulating rewards money to use towards an upcoming trip) and Disney Visa for Disney trips only (I like how I get 6 months interest free to pay off and then I can use the points at the park). AMEX & MC are sitting in my desk and are set aside in the event we are desperate. I get a warning every once in awhile that if I don’t use them they’ll get closed, so I go buy a tank of gas, pay it off and then put it back in my desk.

IMG_1500.jpeg

I have two Mastercards. Only use the Citi Double Cash Back card, the other one is for emergencies (if there is an issue with the other card). We use it for EVERYTHING (from a $10 Walmart trip to college tuition!) and pay it off each month. And rake in 2% cash back.

I have Visa and Master Card.
The one I use all the time is my Disney Visa......like Kitty, I've had it forever! Day One.
My MasterCard is AAAdvantage and I only use it for booking flights.....and out of country.
I have Visa Amazon too. That is for Amazon purchases only. We don't carry it with us.
And a AAA card that we also don't carry

I carry my Disney Visa in my wallet, use it for groceries, etc.

And I have a Mastercard by my computer at home that I use for online purchases.

I like to pay those off monthly to avoid interest.

(I also have a Discover Card, but only use it when I want to keep something separate from regular household spending - like a big item we will actually take a couple of months to pay off, or when doing Lodge shopping that we will be reimbursed for, to keep the tracking simple. I don't normally carry it.)

Two different Mastercards and one AMEX. My bank debit card has a Visa logo.

I not ashamed to admit that I don’t always pay off my balances in full every month.

I don't have a Discover. Use Amex for groceries at 6% cash back. I have a few MC for specific purposes, I think my REI co-branded card is a MC, but I mostly use Visa, and mostly through Chase.

I have two Mastercards and 1 Visa. The main card I use is my Capital One Mastercard since it has good cashback rewards. The other Mastercard is a backup in case something happens to my Capital One card and the Visa is the Disney one, which I use occassionally.

Three MasterCards (one airline loyalty incentive, one that’s tied to my HELOC and one joint account with DH) and a Visa debit. Almost everything on the daily is paid for with the Visa debit, in-person and on-line. It’s also part of the same points program offered by several grocery chains here.

Visa and MasterCard. The Savor MasterCard is our everyday card as the rewards are the highest and the best especially for groceries, travel and entertainment. Use it for everything including bills and pay it off as they roll in. Amazon Visa Prime is used 99% for Amazon and we use it for gas because it’s better than Savor for that. Disney Visa is only used at Disney and Shop Disney for the merch discount.

I have a Visa debit card, a Master Card, and Discover. I used to have AMEX, but it expired a long time ago and I never did get a new one. I use the Master Card the most.

We have Visa. My husband has a Master Card from his early college days that he randomly use but mostly, we are Visa people.

I have multiples of each type of card. My most used card is my American Express Gold Card as the places I use my card most are grocery stores and restaurants. 4x on those categories, means 4 points per dollar into airline programs to use for flights. Much better than I can do on any of the actual airline cards.

I have a Visa card. My husband has a Mastercard. We are each an "authorized user" on the other person's account and have a copy of their card with our name on it, so I carry two credit cards. I almost always use "my card" (the Visa) for my purchases and he uses his card for his purchases with a few exceptions. (Groceries go on his card because he gets a bigger reward for grocery purchases than I do... and mine's the Costco visa, so any Costco purchases go on mine regardless of who buys them).

Our Amex Platinum is the primary card we use, but we also have (currently) three Visa - our Costco Visa and cards with United and Marriott. The last two we just opened for bonus miles and points and will likely cancel when the annual fee comes due again.

Edit: Apparently, the Marriott Bonvoy card is an AmEx - we just got it, so I don't carry it with me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter