Slinky Dog Party of 3

rere101399

DISmom
If I take my two kids on slinky dog without my DH for the first time, it means my 7.5 year old will be sitting solo. Will they leave the seat next to him empty or will they fill it with a single rider type person? We almost always Disney as a 4 pack so I’ve never paid attention to this. My 7.5 year old will not be ok riding with a stranger next to him but he’s fine to be alone. TIA!

The standard protocol is to fill the odd line with available spots and the even line with available spots. You will be split into 2 lines when you get closer to the ride which is an odd and even line.

If you ask the Cast Member that is putting the 2 rows together, you might ask really nicely. Whenever I have asked at other rides, I have always been granted my own row since I'm usually a single traveler. With how new SDD is, I have yet to get my own row. If you explain it being your kid, I am sure the CM will let you. However, there are videos while in the queue that odd number parties will be placed with other parties. So, it does give the CM the decision to place your party with another party.

I don't know what the rules are, but I think I have seen the adult ride with another adult in another party and have the 2 kids ride in their own row. Not sure if that is an option or not.

Don't know if it is still the case but when I rode back in August there were signs throughout the line that said all seats will be filled so while I was a single rider I was placed with another person (he was part of a party of 3)

The standard protocol is to fill the odd line with available spots and the even line with available spots. You will be split into 2 lines when you get closer to the ride which is an odd and even line.

If you ask the Cast Member that is putting the 2 rows together, you might ask really nicely. Whenever I have asked at other rides, I have always been granted my own row since I'm usually a single traveler. With how new SDD is, I have yet to get my own row. If you explain it being your kid, I am sure the CM will let you. However, there are videos while in the queue that odd number parties will be placed with other parties. So, it does give the CM the decision to place your party with another party.

I don't know what the rules are, but I think I have seen the adult ride with another adult in another party and have the 2 kids ride in their own row. Not sure if that is an option or not.
Interesting, I never knew the 2 lines were odd and even! My younger child is under 7 so they require him to ride with an adult. So that nixes the two kids riding in a row together option. My son is quite positive that he would rather skip riding than be paired with a stranger, and frankly I understand and am somewhat apprehensive of him being paired with someone myself. It would stink to make the effort to go and find out we’re not going to ride because it’s stranger or bust for him. Hmmm, decisions!

Don't know if it is still the case but when I rode back in August there were signs throughout the line that said all seats will be filled so while I was a single rider I was placed with another person (he was part of a party of 3)
That’s good to know, thank you! I’d rather know in advance at least

In August I was odd woman out in my group of five. I was placed next to a kid who was about 7 and his dad and brother were in front of us. It was going to be my husband with the kid initially but I switched with him. Seemed less awkward for the kid to ride with me (female) than my husband.

Interesting, I never knew the 2 lines were odd and even! My younger child is under 7 so they require him to ride with an adult. So that nixes the two kids riding in a row together option. My son is quite positive that he would rather skip riding than be paired with a stranger, and frankly I understand and am somewhat apprehensive of him being paired with someone myself. It would stink to make the effort to go and find out we’re not going to ride because it’s stranger or bust for him. Hmmm, decisions!
I would ask a CM at the very front of the queue and explain your situation. They might be able to give you a better answer with what might happen when you get to the front and to know if there is something they can possibly do for you.

If I take my two kids on slinky dog without my DH for the first time, it means my 7.5 year old will be sitting solo. Will they leave the seat next to him empty or will they fill it with a single rider type person? We almost always Disney as a 4 pack so I’ve never paid attention to this. My 7.5 year old will not be ok riding with a stranger next to him but he’s fine to be alone. TIA!
you can ask for your 7-year-old to ride alone but since it is so new and the lines are so long they might say no another thing you can ask is if your two kids can ride together and you ride right behind them ( not sure how old or how tall your other child is) another option is if the family in front or behind you has an odd number maybe ask if one of them can ride ( this could work well if they have an odd child close to your child's age)

How young is your other child? Is using rider swap an option with you going with each of them at different times?

Then she would be leaving her little alone at one point while she rides with the older .. and vice versa

QUOTE="WhitneyMB, post: 60182946, member: 365014"]How young is your other child? Is using rider swap an option with you going with each of them at different times?[/QUOTE]

Plan for them to fill in the seat - we are also a party of 3 and find this to be the case at SDD, 7DMT and EE so be prepared. Generally my dd's ride together and I ride solo but they are well past 7! Most of the time I end up with another adult but occasionally I have been paired with a younger child.

Is your dh coming with you but not riding this ride? if so you can use his FP and yours to take each child - just start at the very beginning of the FP window.

Otherwise I would just ask before entering the FP line if leaving the seat empty is an option.

I know how you feel - I am a single mom with 2 kids very close in age so we had trips when we just didn't ride some of the height restricted or 2 seater rides due to heights or ages, it just made it all the more special when they could ride :)

We were just there a couple days ago. Our 7 year old rode with a stranger, while I rode with our younger one. The videos and announcements all say to reduce wait times they will be filling every seat, and divide everyone by even or odd parties before boarding.

My daughter sat the row behind, so I could turn around and see and talk to her and she was fine with that.

Of you have another adult if they do not want to ride they can go though the line and you can ask the CM if you can do an In line swap where you ride with the first child while your DH waits with the other then you ride with the child that did not go. The CM might let you do this if you let them know your older dose not like riding with s stranger. Basically before you get in line talk to the CM about your family needs and see if there is something you can do so your child dose not have to ride with a stranger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter