• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slinky Dog FP with new tiering

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Hi all! It’s my FP day tomorrow, 60 days out. Wondering what the Slinky Dog situation is now that we’re in the timeframe of SWGE. On my May trip Slinky seemed harder to get in advance than Flight of Passage. Is that still the case? Or has making RnRC and ToT tier 1 as well made Slinky a little easier to get? TIA!

It was still my hardest to get FP for my Sept trip. That said I got it on the only day I tried for it, it was just in the mid afternoon and I wanted earlier. I got 2 FOPs at earlier times on earlier days.

We booked our FP yesterday and even at 60+8 days out we could only get slinky dog on the last day of our trip. We were able to get saucers mid trip at night (which is what we wanted). Really annoyed that they moved ToT and RnR to tier 1, there is basically nothing else to do in the park! All of the tier 2 selections are only shows! They could have thrown one of those rides into tier 2, or even toy story mania, its no a new ride.

1. Yes SDD is officially harder to get than FOP at most times now.
2. We had 60+8 with a September 21st checkin last Tuesday and I rushed to our 60+6 day to book SDD at 7am on the dot and it was already back to 1:45pm only. FOP was open for multiple times across multiple days until at least 9am or so during the same booking window.
3. 7DMT still had multiple early slots across multiple days at 3pm in that same booking day.

We booked our FP yesterday and even at 60+8 days out we could only get slinky dog on the last day of our trip. We were able to get saucers mid trip at night (which is what we wanted). Really annoyed that they moved ToT and RnR to tier 1, there is basically nothing else to do in the park! All of the tier 2 selections are only shows! They could have thrown one of those rides into tier 2, or even toy story mania, its no a new ride.

Similar to Epcot you now have to do the book and dump method to get to your 4th FP so you can book tier1 again.

Last edited:
When I booked for Sept 20-21, which didn’t happen until about 11:00am on day 60 due to issues, SD had a few times left after 7pm on the 21st. I didn’t check the 20th. I didn’t book it either, as we’ll use more than two fp before that time of day.

If you look at any given day SDD is usually giving our a time 3-4 hours later than FOP, so if the earliest FPP is 1:00 for FOP it’s going to be 4-5 for SDD.

The practical impact is to make sure you visit HS later than AK.

Are any of the shows (somewhat) worth getting as a fast pass? Since they force us to get Star Tours and one show in tier 2, what would you folks recommend? (besides, Fantasmic!, I mean. I don`t want to tie up our fast passes for the rest of the day).

if you have to pick a show, i'd recommend the Frozen Sing-a-long. The standby queue was uncovered the last time i stood in it.

Beauty and the Beast actually does give fp a dedicated, better viewing section- but you can still get a great seat by showing up 15-20 early most days. If it’s an insanely crowded day and the Little Mermaid standby is so long you won’t get into the next show then that one is worth it.

Today was my fast pass day. I was able to get SDD on our 4th day at 3:35. I was looking for afternoon times so I dont know if there was something earlier or not.
I was also able to get FOP for day 5 at 9:50 am. I was so excited to see it there!

We got SDD at 60+3 and FOP at 60+4. The SDD FP is at 5:50. It’s definitely a tough one to get.

Our FP day was 7/16 and we were able to get SDD for 6 people on our 60+8 day and we got a morning time at 10:05am, which is what we were hoping for. We moved our DHS day to the end of our trip for this reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter